Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is wards CV really that great? lets have a look...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by mani1 View Post
      Froch lost every round to Ward though the last 2 rounds were close.

Ward's best win by far is Kessler whom was the super 6 fave. He went on to easily win and Kessler went on to outman Froch just after I had it 8-4 to kessler.
      Froch is a Hof and Kessler isn't, that's why. The Kessler win was also famously dirty, much cleaner vs Froch

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
        Criticizing Andre Ward's resume makes GGG's resume look horrible.

Martin Murray lost to Abraham.
        Nobody ever says GGG has a strong resume. OTOH many claim Wards is great. It's not really, he had a strong 2 year stretch 7 years ago, but nothing special. Froch is his only Hof scalp, and that's a very unlikely Hof, probably bottom 10% talent wise

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          Nobody ever says GGG has a strong resume. OTOH many claim Wards is great. It's not really, he had a strong 2 year stretch 7 years ago, but nothing special. Froch is his only Hof scalp, and that's a very unlikely Hof, probably bottom 10% talent wise
          You must not know who op is.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
            ......you can do that with anyones resume...not very creative and lacks context

Pascal did not beat dawson easy and before the fight was stopped Pascal was in trouble

Damn the way you diluted Wards competition you'd think he fought a bunch of nobodies

Froch will make the hall of fame on day

Kessler was a top 3 at 168 for 5 + years... won his first title the year Ward was in the olympics, was far more experienced

several of the men you listed would be GGGs best opponent to date.....so how do you rate GGGs CV and can you break his down the same way

I find it funny when GGG die hards criticize someone's resume when GGGs resume resembles a young titlist in their mid 20s and not a "unified" top 3 p4p monster in their mid 30s
            this is what you do on daily basis to fighters you don't like (mainly GGG) now that someone does it to someone you like you get mad?

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
              Damn, why can't people ask for a good fight from both fighters? Always have to start the x fighter is a bum threads. Ward and KOv have accomplished a lot in their respective careers, can't take anything away from either one.
              I agree. That's the problem with this board knowing a big fight will happen over 3 months from now. Some posters talk the fight to death. They start basically the same thread twice a day every day until the fight happens. The BoxingExpert starts the same type thread daily saying how easily Ward will win and why. It's a great fight between probably the two best light heavyweights in the world and two top 10 pound for pound guys. Can people just be glad the fight is happening and relax and wait for it to happen? Apparently many posters can't do this. They feel duty bound to give their same opinion on this fight daily like a broken record.

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
                You must not know who op is.
                Most Ggg fans concede his resume is weak for elite p4p standards. Haters say it's total garbage, fans say it's decent, but almost nobody claims it's top notch. OTOH Wards is usually overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                  this is what you do on daily basis to fighters you don't like (mainly GGG) now that someone does it to someone you like you get mad?

I like GGG, I just like trolling his hypocritical die hard fans. sorry attempt at deflecting

was anything I said about GGG's resume untrue?

Its cool to have an opinion about someone's resume but when the guy you adore, and pump up like a god has the resume of a 24 year old titlist, it makes the critique weak. Considering the guy you are criticizing has a far better resume than your favorite fighter, guy in avatar, and guy you d!ckride

its hypocritical, and funny to me

GGG fanatics arent critical of GGG and his competition, they make excuses for the lack of quailty, so why criticize others when you dont criticize him?

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                    reaching like a mfer kmsl

wish he'd reach and find his hero a middleweight to fight.

no more excuses top 5 opponent from 160-168 next or retire.

dude has the worse resume of any top 3 so called p4p, super hyped fighter i've ever witnessed

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                      I like GGG, I just like trolling (...)
                      ... there's no need to eat craw...

... keep up your good work -- it helps this website...

Comment

Working...
                      X