Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course Ward can beat Hopkins right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Miburo View Post
      He would have a solid chance even against a prime Hopkins (great fight). Right now he'd handle him easily, Hopkins is far past prime. He can still win certain style match-ups, but not against someone on Ward's level.

if there's a fighter from the past to which i'd compare ward it is bernard hopkins.

that fight would be so f#cking dirty..

Comment

P4P number one, he's the best fighter on the planet. I'm just dissapointed that I won't see him fight for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
          There is plenty of argument, he might be shelved for the better part of a year....you don't fight, you lose your spot...time for reality to strike.

Tell Ward to make that move to 175 and find out if he has what it takes to beat old man Hopkins.
          Now what you are saying is just being politically correct. Talent wise, New England is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            if there's a fighter from the past to which i'd compare ward it is bernard hopkins.

that fight would be so f#cking dirty..
            I agree. The only or biggest difference I've found between Ward & Hopkins is that Ward can handle pressure better than B-Hop.

Comment

BTW, nobody handles Bernard Hopkins "easily", even at 47.

Did you guys forget Ward vs Bika, that was a tough ass fight for Ward. Although he clearly won, it was physically tough on him. Now let's not kid ourselves, Hopkins is tougher, dirtier, and more skilled than Sakio Bika. Ward vs current Hopkins would be a tough fight, really tough and I would not be surprised in the least bit if Hopkins does well enough to cry robbery in the end and actually have merit. I mean some [crazy] people cried about the Ward-Bika decision.

Comment

Believe the hype, he's that good and he's yet to reach his prime. He'll go to 175 and clean out the division without to much trouble. He'll outgun b-hop at this point in time with his speed, footwork and youth. He's the most unbeatable fighter on the planet and for that I would have him at number 1 on my list. No doubt Mayweather is more skilled, smarter, faster and more experienced but lets not forget the threats that lurk around his division eg Pacquiao, Martinez, Trout etc.

Comment

No one from 160-175 is beating Ward. I think Dirrell and GGG are the only possible current fighters that can come close to be honest. Prime RJJ, Calzaghe and Bhop I think possibly could have but I am not 100% sure. SOG is just a complete fighter in every aspect basically. He can do it all.

Comment

Mayweather isn't doing anything as impressive as Ward currently is. So, yes, I give him #1 P4P.

Comment

Working...
                    X