Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward confirms what we knew. He retired because he couldn't scam RocNation again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    The regular crowd begging him to stay retired, they know what's going to happen if he does return. He's taking Usyks scalp.
    Lol no... Usyk would destroy him, too big, too skilled. Wards tactics wouldn't work on a guy that big

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      Ward will wait until 175 cools off before even considering fighting again. Too dangerous. CW is no easy path to glory either. Sadly, no one outside of his small contingent of fans will care if he ever fights again.
      LMAO....He just beat the "crusher" who WAS the best at 175 from round 4 of the 1st fight ALL the way to the 2nd fight & right NOW there aint anyone good at 175.

No gift in the 1st fight, it was clear kovalev didn't want that body work & in the 2nd fight you guys cry bout what you can argue was 1 low-blow but wont DARE mention the low-blow kovalev landed on Ward. Toney Weeks saved kovalev the K.O. You guys should be thanking T.Weeks!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnston View Post
        Lol no... Usyk would destroy him, too big, too skilled. Wards tactics wouldn't work on a guy that big
        Destroy? Skilled? The guy don't even have a jab. LOL

Comment

quite sure the crickets everywhere are pulling for the ward comback so they can have something to do again....

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
            Ward will wait until 175 cools off before even considering fighting again. Too dangerous. CW is no easy path to glory either. Sadly, no one outside of his small contingent of fans will care if he ever fights again.
            The people that say they don't care are the ones in every Ward thread begging him not to return. That says otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
              we see this kind of retirement all the time, fighters 'retiring' as a way of attention seeking hoping that people are going to be desperate for them to come out of retirement.. The thing is noone misses ward at all, hes been forgotten about really quickly. Cause what is there to talk about really? I cant think of any great ward fights.
              I can tell you NEVER been a fighter cuz fighters do miss the action & its like a drug, its hard to let go. I heard next to my job they gon open a boxing gym & if they do I want to see how much it will cost for at least one day a week cuz I want to mix it up with them youngbloods.

I miss Ward so there goes your "noone misses ward at all" theory. At least if he comes back we can give him the P4P King title back cuz its hard to choose now between fighters like Bud, Nelo or Thurman....

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                Destroy? Skilled? The guy don't even have a jab. LOL
                What even makes you think that? Your just making stuff up out of thin air

Comment

I think that Ward recognized that his era is over. He got two close, controversial wins over Kovalev, and it isn't going to get any better than that at this stage of his career.

There is some really talented new blood at 175 and 190, and Ward probably is feeling some wear and tear. It is a good time for him to get out if he wants to do it on top.

Comment

The Oakland Colloseum is in danger of shutting down unless Ward makes his comeback...

Comment

Do you think that fighters whose whole lives have been about the sport aren't going to miss it ever? He picked up boxing at 9 - this is what he's invested most of his time and energy into practically his whole life and now he doesn't do it at all.

This isn't unusual or unexpected, regardless of whether he genuinely wants to return.

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                      Makes zero sense. He just fought the top guy twice, no reason for him to wait til guys lesser than the one he just fought twice clear each other out
                      Good post
                      Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 12-15-2017, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X