No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Coach: There is No Pressure To Knock Canelo Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
    Losers always blame someone??? So who are you gonna blame in the rematch??? Judges? Ref.? Ring size?? Glove size??? Ring girls???
    Oh look I found another Canelia nuthugger!

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
      LMMFAO! "Outbox Canelo"....LMMFAO!
      GGG is a natural middleweight and pretty big for one. Canelo is not and that showed on the 1st fight, GGG out muscled and bullied him, where due to gaining the weight to fight at middle Canelo looked slower and stiff, no stamina! I don't think the rematch is going to go any other way than a GGG UD win!
      Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
        He's 35 years old. It's like none of you know sports work. You've been spoiled by all the pre-VADA PED users in boxing the last few decades maintaining prime form into their late thirties. It doesn't work that way anymore with guys who are doing year round drug testing and who aren't big enough stars to have dirty tests covered up. The GGG that stopped Stevens by throwing 100 punches per round for 8 straight rounds obviously would have stopped Canelo, as well as Sergio Martinez and so on. But the GGG of today probably would have lost on points to Martinez because the speed difference would have been so great that GGG would have struggled to land clean power shots, just like he struggled to against Canelo for the same reason. He has slowed down significantly. If you can't see that, you either haven't watched any old GGG fights lately, or you don't have a good eye for boxing.
        Not bad... Not bad at all! I see it. But ALSO better competition

Comment

Originally posted by chubuk7 View Post
          GGG is a natural middleweight and pretty big for one. Canelo is not and that showed on the 1st fight, GGG out muscled and bullied him, where due to gaining the weight to fight at middle Canelo looked slower and stiff, no stamina! I don't think the rematch is going to go any other way than a GGG UD win!
          Any thoughts?
          What I also think is that Canelo knows a decision is out of question being that he tried his best to win that way the first time around. He will try to take it to GGG which will make for a better rematch and a win for Golovkin. I keep telling people to look at Canelo's face after the fight and even in his afterparty pics. He looked like the happiness was beaten out of him , he looked down right SAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
            Oh look I found another Canelia nuthugger!
            Look i found another loser!!! U gonna roll with another GGG EASY TKO like last time??? You DO know I take $$$$ right??? Pick the round GGG KO's Canelo and Ill take the over plus the lower the round the BETTER odds YOU get!
            Last edited by Shadoww702; 02-21-2018, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
              Golovkin can't win the fight by trying to force a KO. It's either outbox Canelo and possibly wear him down enough to stop him late or win a decision, or it's try to go for a KO and lose more than likely by KO.

As a Golovkin fan you should see that unless you're banking on a a massive stroke of luck.
              Now hang on just a splitsecond, so you decide what Golovkin fans should see, think, and the correct way is what you say?

Getoutta here. I’m a fan. I’m non-biased enough fan to realise his limitations.

The vast consensus is the boxer, Canelo, adjusts and wins more clearly in the rematch, as is often the case.

I happen to agree. I also think Golovkin being even more predictable is a negative, and his best shot is trusting his chin (which you don’t seem to) getting in close and pushing for the stoppage.

Comment

The key for Golovkin is his preparation. Last time his camp started quite late. Abel said he wasnt going to overtrain him but GGG was flabby a few weeks out and looked drained in the face.

While GGG has been chilling and hanging out with celebs, Canelo has been training for weeks if not months
                Last edited by Don Mac; 02-21-2018, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kris Silver View Post
                  Now hang on just a splitsecond, so you decide what Golovkin fans should see, think, and the correct way is what you say?

Getoutta here. I’m a fan. I’m non-biased enough fan to realise his limitations.

The vast consensus is the boxer, Canelo, adjusts and wins more clearly in the rematch, as is often the case.

I happen to agree. I also think Golovkin being even more predictable is a negative, and his best shot is trusting his chin (which you don’t seem to) getting in close and pushing for the stoppage.
                  I'm not telling you, or I don't want to tell you what you should see, but I am saying as a Golovkin fan you should know his style well enough and know where he's at in his career to know that a balls to the wall, young man fight isn't going to win him this fight, and it's not his chin I'm not confident in, it's the sheer punishment he'll take from attempting to force a KO. This is something the fanboys usually say, "you can't trust the judges, so fight like a ****** and go out on your shield." Genius that.

Canelo with his speed has a much better chance of landing bombs on Golovkin than the other way around. You can believe or think what you want to but Golovkin's best odds is ironing out the performance he put out the first time, tighten up the defense even more, start faster, keep pumping the jab, methodical pressure, not looking for a ko but to win every round clear.
                  Last edited by SplitSecond; 02-21-2018, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Unlike last time I see NO ONE taking GGG by easy TKO??? I mean HOLY SHT i got paid last time by one guy who took ggg by round 6??

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                      I'm not telling you, or I don't want to tell you what you should see, but I am saying as a Golovkin fan you should know his style well enough and know where he's at in his career to know that a balls to the wall, young man fight isn't going to win him this fight, and it's not his chin I'm not confident in, it's the sheer punishment he'll take from attempting to force a KO. This is something the fanboys usually say, "you can't trust the judges, so fight like a ****** and go out on your shield." Genius that.

Canelo with his speed has a much better chance of landing bombs on Golovkin than the other way around. You can believe or think what you want to but Golovkin's best odds is ironing out the performance he put out the first time, tighten up the defense even more, start faster, keep pumping the jab, methodical pressure, not looking for a ko but to win every round clear.
                      We’ll have to agree to disagree. Canelo has been in a lot of close decision wins. His activity, defense, jab, speed are all arguably better than Golovkins. Yet these strengths are where GGG should focus on to win a decision?

I simply disagree. The reality is a close decision is not ideal or best suited to Golovkin. He is older, less active. I just think his best shot is really hurting Canelo, if not for a stoppage, than to time power punches and swing rounds his way, also making Canelo less willing to be as active and try certain things. Timing could beat speed, like it did for Marquez against Pac.

I appreciate your view, it’s just not how I see it, and I know I’m far from alone I’m afraid chap.
                      Last edited by Kris Silver; 02-21-2018, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X