Clear All

Sugar Ray vs Jake LaMotta

Rematch ...21 days later!

thats how you peak interests!

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Lester Tutor View Post
      More importantly,

Abel: "Golovkin's work ethic is dedication to be the best, he's always in the gym."

Realistically, whether May is a green light or not, meaning if Canelo were to withdraw from a rematch, and Golovkin still plans to unify, he knows fully well that being tip top only benefits him.

Again, GGG was still in the gym with the same time as now waiting for Nelo when the Jacobs fight was still a go.

GGG is fooling his fans. He's ready to retire shall he lose to Canelo by KO. That will crush his soul and pride
      His is he fooling his fans by aging? LOL. Canelo is the guy holding up the rematch. It's up to him who and when he fights he's earned it. As far as his soul and pride being crushed he strikes me as a realist so don't hold your breath.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
        It's kind of late now don't you think. We're in January and the fight is in May. Canelo took his time making the rematch.
        Originally posted by Lester Tutor View Post
        Alvarez stalled the May fight so that he can he make it in May!

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
          Well that was a wierd comeback..but then again considering the source. LOL...

Comment

if canelo didnt let him fight saunders before last fight why would they let him fight someone else before this one? pretty sure people realized the same thing applied for this fight

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              During the Jacobs negotiations that kept getting pushed back his fans were worried about his inactivity. Some saying he should just fight anybody rather than waiting on Jacobs. But suddenly there is no concern for GGG's activity. No calls for him to fight Derevyanchenko or Jermall Charlo instead of waiting on Canelo. No calls for a Jacobs rematch instead of waiting on Canelo. If the Canelo fight does get done GGG would have been out of the ring for 8 months. Why didn't he have an interim fight? We all know that Canelo fight wouldn't happen until May. So why not take on Derevyanchenko or Jermall Charlo or Jacobs or Andrade? Why aren't his fans complaining about his long layoff now?
              I think his Mrs just gave birth. I guess having a new born, combined with the fact he just earnt millions of $$$, being 36 years old, hold 3 out of 4 world titles and having fought your entire life probably doesn't make one overly motivated to race back to fight anybody but a mega fight.

The fans aren't complaining because (if they think like me) they don't really care any more. The best is behind him, he will lose to someone using the jacobs/canelo blueprint (running).

I want to see him get knocked down. KO would be better but if someone can come in and put him on the canvas, that would interest me!
              This would interest me more than watching Golovkin chase his opponent around the ring for the rest of his career until someone finally edges a decision.
              Once he loses, i predict retirement. For me, the Golovkin 'hype' has just about run out, unless Charlo or Derevyanchenko are willing to bang with him.

Comment

exactly.. ward was expected to give kovalev his rematch the next day. thurman has to run it back with both porter and danny. floyd was pressured to run it back with maidana. . but ggg arguably lost to jacobs and not a damn peep. he OWES danny a rematch period. but it seems he'll retire without having honor. a man of honor would run it back with jacobs to leave no doubt. floyd has more honor than ggg.

and remember all tht sht about his "dream" to be undisputed. saunders has been calling him out nonstop and ggg doesn't even acknowledge him. that shows that not only does he lack honor but he's a damn liar. he always said his goal was all the belts now we see him being canelo's byatch sitting on ice waitin for ca$hnelo to bless him with another bag 💰.

remember ggg calling canelo "businessman" when the fight vs khan was announced. saying canelo cares more about money than who's the best. this the same mofo that wanted to fight 40 year old retired floyd at 154.

ggg showing he is a bidness man his damn self. the saunders fight could've been taken place by now.

all da belts doe..

Comment

Originally posted by Rock&Roll View Post
                  I think his Mrs just gave birth. I guess having a new born, combined with the fact he just earnt millions of $$$, being 36 years old, hold 3 out of 4 world titles and having fought your entire life probably doesn't make one overly motivated to race back to fight anybody but a mega fight.

The fans aren't complaining because (if they think like me) they don't really care any more. The best is behind him, he will lose to someone using the jacobs/canelo blueprint (running).

I want to see him get knocked down. KO would be better but if someone can come in and put him on the canvas, that would interest me!
                  This would interest me more than watching Golovkin chase his opponent around the ring for the rest of his career until someone finally edges a decision.
                  Once he loses, i predict retirement. For me, the Golovkin 'hype' has just about run out, unless Charlo or Derevyanchenko are willing to bang with him.
                  Good post.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                    Sugar Ray vs Jake LaMotta

Rematch ...21 days later!

thats how you peak interests!

Ray
                    That's how you get killed

Comment

I am a big fan of GGG and Canelo. He would fight Canelo earlier but Canelo wants the May date. GGG agreed to take no other fight. I am not worried about him. He will be inactive exactly the same amount of time Canelo will be inactive so it's fair.

Comment

Working...
                      X