No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBA Approves Jason Sosa-Gervonta Davis Title Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Wow. That is a HUGE jump up in class for Davis.

Floyd's guys get pushed too hard too fast on average it seems. Floyd is legit trying to find the next Floyd & isn't capable of seeing that there are more not-Floyd's than Floyd's around so he's basically not marinating any of his boxers for success later on like they could be capable of & they are basically just looking at careers as the next Ishe Smith when they are 32 years old with 6 L's & not as marketable. Granted the sport SHOULD work like Mayweather Promotions does things with matching guys tough, BUT the reality is its going to impact Mayweather Promotions bank account long term in a negative way I feel.
    You really think Sosa is a BIG step up? I think he is ok but hes more durable than special. And I like to see that Floyd is pushing his guys, whether Floyd would admit it or not, he learned something from Arum. If you notice before Arum wastes any $ on his guys he preps them then he will test them, which is smart. You push guys to fast or give them easy titles you lose $ on an investment. Honestly I think Floyd seen that in guys like Broner, he touched that subject a few times when he ranted about AB's opponents.

Comment

Davis is a tank at 135 if he can make 130 healthy he will have quite a bit going for him physically so will be interesting to see how it goes against a more experienced operator.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
        This is interesting. I figured Davis was settling in at 135, but I guess this means they plan to have a bit of a run at 130. This is a huge step up for Davis, too fast imo. He hasn't been in with anyone close to Sosa's level and if he wins he's really gonna find himself in the deep end quickly if he's fighting the top guys at 130. Not sure how this fight will go because Davis is very talented, but I lean towards Sosa out-boxing him to a decision win.
        If he wins he can take a few mandos to get his feet wet...kinda like Kell Brook but not that extreme.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
          You really think Sosa is a BIG step up? I think he is ok but hes more durable than special.
          Idk if I'd call Sosa special, but his last two opponents have been better individually than the top 10 guys Davis has fought.

And I like to see that Floyd is pushing his guys, whether Floyd would admit it or not, he learned something from Arum. If you notice before Arum wastes any $ on his guys he preps them then he will test them, which is smart. You push guys to fast or give them easy titles you lose $ on an investment. Honestly I think Floyd seen that in guys like Broner, he touched that subject a few times when he ranted about AB's opponents.
          Idk if he learned that from Arum. I think Arum is waaaaaaay more careful with matchmaking. I mean I feel like Crawford has had 2 live opponents his whole career & I felt like Postol was the most legit threat by far since Gamboa was a smaller guy + was coming into the fight with a nice inactive streak.

And fwiw I'm not so much complaining as just noticing that Floyd doesn't do business like most promoters & that will surely have some positives & negatives & ultimately the future will say if that ends up being good or bad for Mayweather Promotions.

Comment

Thought Davis was challenging pedraza for his IBF title. This should be another W for Davis. Sosa is nothing special.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              Good fight. I got Sosa by a SD.
              You still got Sosa?

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                I like this a lot better. Sniper Pedraza is a bad fight for a young prospect.
                Pedraza got wrecked doe. Was a great fight. WAR PBC!

Comment

Originally posted by Lester Tutor View Post
                  You still got Sosa?
                  Why would I still have Sosa 2 years later after Davis has been seasoned? When this was announced I didn't think Davis was ready for that step up. Why the hell you bumping 2 year old topics?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    Why would I still have Sosa 2 years later after Davis has been seasoned? When this was announced I didn't think Davis was ready for that step up. Why the hell you bumping 2 year old topics?
                    because its public domain...keywords and google? "#Davis #Boxingscene #Sosa"

Comment

Originally posted by Lester Tutor View Post
                      because its public domain...keywords and google? "#Davis #Boxingscene #Sosa"
                      Ok, but what's your point? It's 2 years later. The fight never happened. Davis has improved since then. What point are you trying to prove?

Comment

Working...
                      X