Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder isn't confident of beating Dillian Whyte. It shows in his interviews.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
    Who cares what he was interest in a few years ago, we're talking about fighting now, Klitschko has nothing to do with the conversation. So as a fighter you're telling me you would waste your time, going through a whole training camp as well as traveling just to fight someone you're not interested in? Someone you're being told to fight by a promoter who isn't yours. That's like me being in charge of a company and you wanting to merge with mine to make our companies the best but i'm telling you that even though that will happen if we merge that you need to merge with a much less unproven company.

Or like you going to a steak house cause you hear they have the greatest filet and you get there to order and they tell you "nah man, you have to eat this Salisbury steak instead." Meanwhile you see other patrons who can't even afford it being served the filet. Then you get so tired of that you're like "well cool, give me the Salisbury but I want the filet after and they are like "we can't guarantee that, but maybe it'll happen."

Tony Bellew was actually coming off an impressive win, Whyte is coming off a performance in which he couldn't dispatch of a faded Chisora. A fight in which many are saying Chisora even won.

The AJ fight isn't going to get any bigger. The guy is selling out against the likes of Takam and Molina. Let's not act like AJ vs Wilder wouldn't sell out Wembley today. C'mon man

I'm interested in the champs fighting. Not promoters beating around the bush saying it needs to marinate.
    Stop making excuses for Wilder, why wasnt he interested in Unifying when Klitchhko was around? Why doesnt he take a career high-payday against Whyte, especially if Whyte is as easy as he claims?

Chasing after Bellew was an absolute joke. What do you mean the AJ fight wont get any bigger? AJ himself is becoming more of a star with every fight, AJ is anything but a star, he has everything to gain by fighting Whyte and establishing himself as an actual name. Even Jospeh Parker is probably a bigger name than him right now.

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
      Stop making excuses for Wilder, why wasnt he interested in Unifying when Klitchhko was around? Why doesnt he take a career high-payday against Whyte, especially if Whyte is as easy as he claims?

Chasing after Bellew was an absolute joke. What do you mean the AJ fight wont get any bigger? AJ himself is becoming more of a star with every fight, AJ is anything but a star, he has everything to gain by fighting Whyte and establishing himself as an actual name. Even Jospeh Parker is probably a bigger name than him right now.
      There is no excuse, he wants to fight AJ next. You are coming up with excuses on why he should have to fight Whyte, that's a step back. Like I said, why have Salisbury when you can have filet mignon. The funny thing is I'm not even a Wilder fan, I just find it funny how so called "boxing fans" are trying to put up roadblcoks between two champions fighting. Crying shame fans claim they want the best to fight the best but when a champ is calling on the other to fight they hate on it because they may not like him

Comment

There is no excuse, he wants to fight AJ next. You are coming up with excuses on why he should have to fight Whyte, that's a step back. Like I said, why have Salisbury when you can have filet mignon. The funny thing is I'm not even a Wilder fan, I just find it funny how so called "boxing fans" are trying to put up roadblcoks between two champions fighting. Crying shame fans claim they want the best to fight the best but when a champ is calling on the other to fight they hate on it because they may not like him
        These guys are ridiculous. Not really sure what they're scared of. I'm an AJ fan and think he smashes Wilder, and want to see it asap. His fanboys (or just Wilder "haters"), his team and AJ himself definitely son't seem to want to see it though.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
          These guys are ridiculous. Not really sure what they're scared of. I'm an AJ fan and think he smashes Wilder, and want to see it asap. His fanboys (or just Wilder "haters"), his team and AJ himself definitely son't seem to want to see it though.
          I share the same sentiment, I think AJ whoops Wilder, which is one of the reasons I want to see it happen so he can be closer to being undisputed. Unfortunately his fans are coming up with all kinds of excuses on why the fight shouldn't happen. Guess they don't have the confidence in Joshua they pretend they do

Comment

This is the logic of idiots. If a fighter chases the top guy he’s scared of the #5 or #6 guy. Then if he fights the #2 guy he’s scared of the #1 guy. Lol smh. Most of you fans are just never happy.

Comment

Lol that's exactly what im saying, Wilder has not proven he is the best, I question whether he is even the best Heavy from the US. He hasnt beaten Miller or Breazeale. Joshua has proven himself. If we want the best to fight the best then Fury vs Joshua or Joshua vs Parker as even Parker has proven himself more than Wilder

Comment

Originally posted by WıLL View Post
                Lol, wtf?

AJ-Wilder in the UK sells four to five times more tickets than it could in America. AJ on his own sells out 70,000+ arenas. If Wilder is built up right over here, they could even take this to an outdoor venue and break the 100,000 mark.
                The ticket number doesn't matter; in case you forgot, Mayweather-Pacquiao did over $75m on just under 17000 tickets (Mayweather-McGregor would've likely done near that, were it not for Mayweather Promotions being so aggressive in how they priced the tickets). People marvel at the attendance number, but how much money was actually made off of those 90k tickets.

Going off of my gut, I'd be willing to bet that Alvarez-ChavezJr made more money on their 16200 tickets sold than Joshua-Klitschko did on their 90k, and it likely wasn't all that close.

Price the fight similar to Alvarez-ChavezJr ($2000 for VIP ringside, $75 to be in the building; reasonable enough for fans) and Wilder-Joshua already generates more than Joshua-Klitschko did at the UK's biggest arena. Priced the closed circuit at $75, and you'd have the potential to have another 45k people enjoy the fight along with the 20k in the actual building (15k at MGM Grand, 10k at Mandalay Bay EC, and the remaining 20k across the other 7 MGM Resorts properties).

And that's before you start talking about the PPV (not sure if the exact numbers, but I believe Wilder-Joshua matches the UK take from Joshua-Klitschko with 600k PPV buys).

The crowds are great, but that novelty will where off (and has likely already worn off with the fight this weekend).

Wilder and Joshua could end up splitting $50m on their fight without much issue, with a viable path to splitting $100m on the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                  Wilder and Joshua could end up splitting $50m on their fight without much issue, with a viable path to splitting $100m on the rematch.
                  Good post, I can't argue with that.

Comment

Working...
                  X