• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• top 10 best wins of tommy hearns?

1. duran ko 2
    2. leonard 2 "win"
    what about the rest?
    hes my fav fighter, but i took a look at the fighters he fought, only few names are notable (although leonard duran alone are amazing enough for me)

Duran
    Benitez
    Cuevas
    Hill
    Kinchen
    Olajide
    Roldan
    Andries
    Shuler
    DeWitt

Hearns never officially beat Leonard. Their second fight was a draw.

Comment

Yeah, I think that's why he put the word win in quotes.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        Duran
        Benitez
        Cuevas
        Hill
        Kinchen
        Olajide
        Roldan
        Andries
        Shuler
        DeWitt

Some extras would be Muangsurin who was the quickest champion in boxing history...well, not the quickest, that's Jeff Fenech...he won it in the least amount of fights and was a long time WBC champion. Good win.

Nate Miller was also a very good win right near the end of his career. WBA CW champion.

Angel Espada was a WBA 147 champion.

Bruce Curry was a WBC 140 champion.

Eddie Gazo was a WBA 154 champ.

Comment

Duran
          Benitez
          Cuevas
          Hill
          Kinchen
          Olajide
          Roldan
          Andries
          Shuler
          DeWitt

Yeah, I think that's pretty close how I would rank them.. The last few spots are debatable but overall, I think it's pretty accurate

Comment

Duran
            Benitez
            Cuevas
            Hill
            Kinchen
            Olajide
            Roldan
            Andries
            Shuler
            DeWitt

Tommy was known as ko artist but by beating benitez with one hand and showing his boxing skills on numerous occasions he has shown his versatility

Comment

I had to check when Tommy fought Clyde because that was his first test as a young pro and in his 15th pro bout he stopped Clyde Gray (65-6-1)in the 10th and final round. Cyde Gray was a good fighter and has alot of experience also.
              James Kinchen (45-4-2) was another big opponent and Tommy won an MD in 12! That was a quality win against an opponent that didn't fold under Tommy's power!
              Hearns had close to 175 amateur bouts and was a finalists in regional & national tournies since he was a kid. When he lost it was to older more experienced competitors who he later came back to defeat as he grew in & out of weight classes.
              Ray.

Comment

thanks for the responses!

Comment

1. KO2 Roberto Duran- such a smashing dominant victory over one of the best fighters of all-time.
                  2. KO2 Pipino Cuevas- The feared Mexican was the most dangerous welterweight at the time and Hearns toppled him hard and early. Incredible win.
                  3. W15 Wilfred Benitez- In a close fight, Hearns came through against one of boxing's best counterpunchers.
                  4. D12 Sugar Ray Leonard- Hearns put on a fine display in winning this fight even though the judges go tit wrong. Even Ray admitted as much.
                  5. KO4 Juan Roldan- This fight was fast and brutal and a lot of fun to watch.
                  6. W12 Virgil Hill- Hill just wasn't quite enough although young and near his prime, to outbox the "Hitman".
                  7. KO1 James Schuler. Hearns crushed the unbeaten Schuler.
                  8. KO3 Fred Hutchings- Dominant classic, Hearns performance.
                  9. KO10 Dennis Andries- some good thrills in a good fight.
                  10. W12 James Kinchen- A really good scrap.

Comment

Even though the Duran destruction is number one everyone's list including mine. He did throw some incredible punches I did read an interview were he stated the hardest single shot he threw was against Cuevas.

Comment

Working...
                    X