Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arum and Roach's response: "We’re not going to agree to have Manny's blood tested"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goldenglove2 View Post
    Floyd is so scared of manny he is going to these lengths
    Yes, because Floyd is so scared that he accepted 50-50 purse, 10 million dollar weight penalty, 8 oz. gloves, and the March 13th date all proposed by Team Pacquiao.

So far that's 4 demands met by Team Mayweather, and 0 by Team Pacquiao.

Just as Pacquiao fans earlier were saying

"The 10 million dollar weight penalty goes both ways"

Well the Olympic style drug testing will go both ways. If neither are taking PEDs, it shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by DE100 View Post
      Dont care much about this testing ****, but both will be taking it... so I dont see whats the problem, they both will be subjected to what ever disadvantage it comes with.

The last part is funny Roach says HGH cant be detected by blood or urine, but Yahoo had to correct that by saying The World Anti-Doping Agency successfully used blood testing at the 2004 Olympics in Athens to test for HGH.

Who's right?
      some people are scared of needles you know?
      everyone has his phobias.

Originally posted by Larrysbird View Post
      I guess they have the all the right in the whole world not comply if that's the case. Blood letting within 24 or 48 hours prior to the fight is just ridiculous imo. Why can't they do it immediately after the fight?
      do you know how much blood will be drawn?
      i've been undergoing some medication to monitor a virus and the medication intake in blood, they draw like 4-6 vials of blood from me every month.
      the freaking needle is freakin big, and there are different lady who sticks the needle in, sometimes it's painless but soemtimes i think the freaking girl is drunk she had to torture my arms 4-6 times before she can actuialy hit the nerve.

Comment

This is a ploy to hype the fight. He will eventually take the test.....Hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by pac oww View Post
          Pacquiao promoter Bob Arum said the demand is “absolutely crazy,” done simply to harass Pacquiao, who is squeamish about needles, and is proof that Mayweather doesn’t really want the fight.

Arum said the request has been an unsettled issue since the first day of negotiations last month.

“We’re not going to agree to have Manny give blood in training, because that’s stupid,” Arum said. “Every doctor in the world will tell you that is stupid. He’ll give his blood at the beginning of the year and he’s willing to be urine-tested 24/7, but blood doesn’t show [expletive] and he’s not going to do it.”

Arum said Pacquiao is willing to submit to testing by an outside agency but won’t give his blood. Roach said it’s an issue because Mayweather’s side has been insisting Pacquiao give blood as close as 48 hours within the fight.

“We’ll accommodate their requests and do urine testing up the wazoo and we’ll agree to have them done by an outside agency,” Arum said. “Manny has nothing to hide. But he’s not going to give blood because that’s crazy. He’ll do it at the beginning and he’ll do it at the end. That’s how it is done. Ask some former Olympic boxers how many times they give blood.”

“I really don’t care, because Manny doesn’t need Floyd Mayweather,” Roach said. “The tests he’s requesting are not commission tests, they’re not boxing tests and this is not an Olympic sport. A urine test is just as qualified as a blood test. [Human growth hormone] is not detected by blood or urine.”

The World Anti-Doping Agency successfully used blood testing at the 2004 Olympics in Athens to test for HGH.

Source:http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

A game of chicken....Arum will win it.
          Stupid people don't read what they quote and end up looking like idiots. I wasn't suspicious of Pacquiao up until now but this episode really makes me think twice about this guy. I honestly believed Pacquiao was 100% natural but why would he not agree to the freaking test? Mayweather will be tested too so he can't argue that will drain him or at all. Some fighters have blood transfusions made to them before fights with their own blood enriched with oxygen (training at big bear, drawing there blood and transferring it back prior to the fight has proved benefits) so that's not a valid excuse. "Afraid of niddles?!" WTF? That will make Pacquiao more of a.... !chicken! wouldn't you agree?

Comment

Boxing is an Olympic sport, LMAO.

Comment

Pacquiao needs to come out with a statement from HIM, not his bull**** advisers who he lets speak for him, immediately to save his reputation anymore damage. Right now, I can't look at him and not think: steroid user. He needs to agree to whatever they want in order to clear his name.

Comment

It's not simply, taking a test. Drawing blood can affect your performance. I know, if I get blood drawn outta my arm, the next day, I can't curl for ****. It's sore as fuk. I'm not saying it's major, but maybe enough to play against him in his mind or something. It's just stupid and the best way for Mayweather to back out of the fight while saying to everyone, Pac is on steroids. It's sad the level Mayweather brings boxing down to, yet his fans are ok with it all.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenglove2 View Post
                  Floyd is so scared of manny he is going to these lengths

Comment

Originally posted by stickandmove12 View Post
                    This is a ploy to hype the fight. He will eventually take the test.....Hopefully.
                    Yes, thank you. No fans of the sport should ever opinion against testing imo, no matter who you support.

Imagine this case: Margarito refusing to have his gloves checked for the Mosley fight, prior to the bout because he claims it will affect his confidence.

As long as both fighters take them, tests are NEVER TOO MANY. MANNY, you hear?

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
                      It's not simply, taking a test. Drawing blood can affect your performance. I know, if I get blood drawn outta my arm, the next day, I can't curl for ****. It's sore as fuk. I'm not saying it's major, but maybe enough to play against him in his mind or something. It's just stupid and the best way for Mayweather to back out of the fight while saying to everyone, Pac is on steroids. It's sad the level Mayweather brings boxing down to, yet his fans are ok with it all.
                      dude, give me a break. If Pacquiao doesn't agree to it, it screams guilty. I don't care if you're a fan or not. Cut the bull****.

Comment

Working...
                      X