No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Yunier Dorticos Signs On For World Boxing Super Series

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andrij View Post
    tom loeffler "its looking likely that usyk will compete in the world boxing super series" https://twitter.com/mikecoppinger/st...12725784854528 . Btw usyk has already a fight date lined up for august 26th in odesa/ukraine.
    :rock::rock::rock::rock:

Last edited by Chrismart; 06-21-2017, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrij View Post
      It looks like Usyk will participate https://twitter.com/MikeCoppinger/st...12725784854528
      SIIIIIIICCCCKKKKKK. I will be glued to the TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        I remember after the Super 6 at SMW there were rumors the next Super 6 was gonna feature cruiserweights but it never came to fruition. I'm glad its finally going down and it seems to be top notch. Too bad Lebedev turned it down, but with Dorticos bringing the WBA regular belt it's a nice consolation prize. Gassiev should have Lebedev's belt anyway. It's a shame the WBA bent to boxing politics before that fight. If they hadn't, we'd only need Usyk to join for this tournament to produce an undisputed and lineal cruiserweight champ.
        Too bad he's pulling a Bute. Bute did the same in the super 6 because he wanted to stay fighting in Quebec as he was making big money there fighting lesser opposition. Can't blame him but he got exposed badly when he fought Froch. He had a rematch clause & never used it he got beat so bad. Lebedev looks foolish not going in. He looks like he is ducking the tough fights to cash out with a few more nice Russian paydays. He should have lost his belt but held on because of politics. He lost all credibility & is a fraud champion. You would think he would want to be in this tourney to crown the best CW. I thought Usyk said he wanted to unify the division then move up to HW. Well here is his chance. As someone listed there are plenty of good options to fill out the last 4 spots.

Comment

Usyk is obviously not going to join. The tournament is for fighters who can't get fights or are trying to build their name, because the tournament will give them a lot of exposure (hopefully).

I'd expect fighters like Vlasov, Kudryashov or Arslan to step in instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrij View Post
            It looks like Usyk will participate https://twitter.com/MikeCoppinger/st...12725784854528
            Great news so all we need is that gutless fraud Lebedev to join. He looks pretty stupid declining this tourney since he is the only beltholder not in it. The regular champ is even in it. He looks like a complete fraud by declining. Gassiev should own his title. The WBA should just strip him for cowardice...

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
              Usyk is obviously not going to join. The tournament is for fighters who can't get fights or are trying to build their name, because the tournament will give them a lot of exposure (hopefully).

I guess he is joining the tourney. Someone posted it...

Comment

Yes!!!

This tournament is officially going to be off the chain.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post

Wrong. Tom Loeffler claimed yesterday that Usyk most likely will participate. Plus today reliable Ukrainian source SportArena claimed that announcement of his participation will be made in the coming days. Plus Usyk always said that he wanted to unify the Cruiserweight division before moving up to Heavyweight. In this tournament he can achieve his goal by winning all belts in May 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                    I guess he is joining the tourney. Someone posted it...
                    Yes.His manager Tom Loeffler claims it and reliable Ukrainian source claimed it too today.

Comment

Have got to hand it to the sleazeball and the Sauerlands, this is coming along very nicely.

Comment

Working...
                      X