Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn: We've Made A HUGE Offer To Deontay Wilder For A Fight With Dillan Whyte

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    Wilder might have that kind of style but Whyte is not a guy taking advantage of it at this point. Whyte is the level of guy Wilder has feasted on, so why would you think he stand anything like a chance right now?
    Because that Polish cat didn't do that bad. Washington was even on the cards at the missed windmill punch stoppage. And don't get it twisted, I'm not hyping Whyte, I believe I called him the 2nd most overhyped guy at HW in this very thread, so much as saying hey this Wilder guy isn't THAT good & can & will lose to some pedestrian opposition, like Whyte, like that Polish guy, like Washington, in his career, when things don't line up right on the night.

So while going along with you & picking Wilder vs Whyte & most of these type of guys I don't feel Whyte has 0% or even near 0% chance to win. Wilder's not gonna continue beating these guys forever cuz he's far to exploitative a boxer that low level guys can & have taken advantage of just not for the full 36 minutes or til they stop him....yet.

If Whyte is anything in the range of a +400 (maybe +300) dog here I'll definitely be throwing some money on him cuz he's for sure got a better than 20% chance of winning.

Right now, he has no chance he will get roasted it is just a matter of it that is a high heat quick roast, or slow and low to let the meat fall off the bone.
    LOL respect for having so much confidence in Wilder. I just don't see how you can have so much confidence in such a poorly skilled beatable boxer. He's fun to watch, but that rarely means confidence in victory with the entertainment value they provide.

I won't be surprised at all if he doesn't get the big fights next if some random guy like Whyte, Breazeale or any top 30ish type guy beats him & hell if he gets the big fights & he wins the big fights (Joshua is by no means unbeatable either & Parker definitely isn't) I'd still bet he'll lose to some random guy. He's too unskilled & reliant on his power saving the day.

Comment

If fighter's today would fight more than twice per year, then the WBC mandatory would be a non-issue. But, if you only want to fight once or twice per year, then you sell yourself short when you have to defend your title against someone who has zero fan appeal (Stiverne).

The smart money move is for Wilder to go to the UK and get some exposure over there. Build up to the Joshua fight and make it a grand event worth 8-digits for each fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by BWC View Post
        Whyte is precisely on the level of Washington, Duhaupas, etc. He's nothing special. Please..
        Whyte isn't the best but hes durable. I agree he's nothing special.. But neither is Wilder.. If Whyte is the same level as Washington, Wilder was getting out boxed by Washington the whole fight.. Wilder has terrible boxing skill and hes on the same level as Whyte.

Comment

LOL Please. Wilder I think was 20-1 vs Washington and I think he'd be about the same vs Whyte. At least 15-1. AJ was 16-1 vs Dhillian .

I like Dillian, think he's a great personality and good for the HW division and hope he's around for awhile. I just don't think he'll ever be at elite level, and that's just fine. He'll still make plenty of money, fight in some big fights and 15 years from now, he can say I went up against the best of my generation. That's about all he can hope for..

Comment

Whyte would lose to duhapaus.

He's seriously terrible, he lost to a shot derick chisora ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
              Whyte has no hope against Wilder, absolutely none.

Every boxer that is natural hw and can punch is a high risk for Wilder.

Comment

I'm with Pandas on this. Wilder is vulnerable in nearly every fight. Molina rocked him multiple times, Duhaupas puffed up his face with jabs and Szpilka and Washington were both presenting serious problems until the KOs. That's what makes Wilder exciting, you expect him to get vicious KO's while being aware that there is a possibility for an upset to be pulled by B level guys. Whyte, for all his own flaws, would have a legit shot against Wilder. So would someone like Breazeale, Mansour or Helenius. Stiverne on the other hand is done I think, so I would expect Wilder to mop the floor with him in a 2nd fight. I think his best route would be to get that mando out of the way and then take this big money fight with Whyte to try to build up to that monster fight with Joshua.

Comment

Would be a win win for Hearn, he either builds up AJ-Wilder or Whyte can win the belt and have a rematch with AJ. Wilder starches his ass though.

Comment

What is this guy waiting for Whyte is absolute trash. Why the delay, jump the queue to AJ too.

I hope this also means Bellew is locked for Parker.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                      If fighter's today would fight more than twice per year, then the WBC mandatory would be a non-issue. But, if you only want to fight once or twice per year, then you sell yourself short when you have to defend your title against someone who has zero fan appeal (Stiverne).

The smart money move is for Wilder to go to the UK and get some exposure over there. Build up to the Joshua fight and make it a grand event worth 8-digits for each fighter.
                      Yeah this is true. And that doesn't apply to just Wilder either.

They need to just get Stiverne out of the way already and quickly make some more fights.

That being said the WBC deserves more fierce criticism for this mandatory. It is disgraceful and indefensible that Stiverne got shut out in the first fight, fought some bum later that year, hasn't fought in like 2 years, and gets the mando position. Cannot even pretend that move is legitimate.

Just thinking about it kinda pisses me off
                      Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 06-19-2017, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X