Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev's Coach: Ward is No Hopkins, I Hope He Tries To Hold

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    These ignorant trolls who you call "Ward fans" may not even have the knowledge of Jackson fighting B-Hop, not to add that Jackson was in B-Hop's corner for years...
    Perfect troll statement. What does being a Ward fan have to do with who was in BHOPs corner?? Seriously. Yeah that's it we all think Nazeem was before Bouie Fisher.

Just don't see reasoning in that statement. That's like calling someone an ignorant troll because they didn't know Enzo was in Joe's corner.

Comment

Mind games trying to get Ward afraid to hold

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
        i notice lately when certain fighters do things its considered fighting dirty but when a guy like maidana fights dirty its considered doing whatever it takes to win
        Racism man. It always is, isn't it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
          People have said this every single fight after Ward fought Kessler. It has yet to happen. The Kessler fight was sloppy and yes there were butts and holding, but you dudes are holding onto a fight that happened years ago. Ward has obviously grown as a fighter since then, and besides he rarely switches southpaw now, which bis the main reason a lot of those headbutts happened. Stop looking for excuses and look for a good fight.
          I'm not looking for excuses at all, just stating how I saw the Kessler fight. Ward is talented enough not to have to resort to anything like those tactics but it worked for him in the Kessler fight. I like both fighters and it was a long time ago but I can see Ward employing similar tactics to frustrate Kovalev.

This could be a classic fight, I hope so it's my last great hope for 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            Ward is good with the headbutts on the inside.

What he lacks as a boxer, he makes up for with dirty, illegal tactics.

... blueprints for Nov 19...

Comment

That's what I don't like about ward always self poroiclaiming.

I don't think kovalev does that. JC didn't do that. Only ali is allowed that

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                I notice lately (thankfully) Ward fans are starting to back off with denying Ward fights dirty. Thing is, he has enough talent to not do that, yet he did it for many fights. Like many have said, let's have a clean fight. Hope for a good ref who will keep order in the ring, and deduct points if Ward gets desperate and starts up his bu tt 'n grab crapola again. Kovalev has the tools to do this thing well, if he keeps following JDJ's instructions. Enough killing body shots, and Ward will crumble eventually.
                " ...Kovalev might need to brush up on his wrestling techniques for this one, because Ward will surely be looking to grapple with him any chance he can get in this fight. Ward has used wrestling in the past to shut down his opponents when he’s faced guys that had a lot of offensive weaponry. If you look at Ward’s fights against Mikkel Kessler, Carl Froch, Chad Dawson, and Edwin Rodriguez and you’ll notice that Ward used a great deal of holding and wrestling on the inside to turn the fight into a non-boxing match.

Ward wrestles and then throws short punches in between the grappling. It was ugly to watch, but it worked for him. Since making his comeback to boxing last year, after a two-year layoff, Ward hasn’t resorted to the holding a mauling that he liked to do in the past. But of course, Ward hasn’t faced anyone good enough that he needed to use the mauling... "
                Last edited by MDPopescu; 11-03-2016, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                  I notice lately (thankfully) Ward fans are starting to back off with denying Ward fights dirty. Thing is, he has enough talent to not do that, yet he did it for many fights. Like many have said, let's have a clean fight. Hope for a good ref who will keep order in the ring, and deduct points if Ward gets desperate and starts up his bu tt 'n grab crapola again. Kovalev has the tools to do this thing well, if he keeps following JDJ's instructions. Enough killing body shots, and Ward will crumble eventually.

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  " ...Kovalev might need to brush up on his wrestling techniques for this one, because Ward will surely be looking to grappled with him any chance he can get in this fight. Ward has used wrestling in the past to shut down his opponents when he’s faced guys that had a lot of offensive weaponry. If you look at Ward’s fights against Mikkel Kessler, Carl Froch, Chad Dawson, and Edwin Rodriguez and you’ll notice that Ward used a great deal of holding and wrestling on the inside to turn the fight into a non-boxing match.

Ward wrestles and then throws short punches in between the grappling. It was ugly to watch, but it worked for him. Since making his comeback to boxing last year, after a two-year layoff, Ward hasn’t resorted to the holding a mauling that he liked to do in the past. But of course, Ward hasn’t faced anyone good enough that he needed to use the mauling... "
                  Great points. What I want to see is that 'deer in the headlights look' on Ward's face when/if the ref docks him points for head butts and/or holding. THEN the fight will really get interesting.

Comment

Working...
                  X