Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Floyd extend his undefeated streak to 50 y/o?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Punches that use to miss by a mile are now barley missing,shots he use to land flush are missing badly. He use to leave fights unmarked,now he leaves with swelling and bruises

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
      Physically yeah, but if 2015 Floyd fought 2007 Hatton I doubt thatd have been a scrap at all. Current Floyd wouldnt win by ko, but he wouldnt have lost a single round like the younger one did.
      I could see 2007 Hatton beating 2015 Floyd.

He would not like that kind of pace and pressure especially considering he has little offense to work with.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        I could see 2007 Hatton beating 2015 Floyd.

He would not like that kind of pace and pressure especially considering he has little offense to work with.
        That's going too far Iron, he is after all more accustomed to the weight, physically stronger and he would find it easier creating room up close.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
          That's going too far Iron, he is after all more accustomed to the weight, physically stronger and he would find it easier creating room up close.
          Maybe.

I just have no faith in Floyd at this point.

It was depressing watching Floyd-Berto to me.

Comment

Maybe.

I just have no faith in Floyd at this point.

It was depressing watching Floyd-Berto to me.
            So strongly disagree but I know exactly how you feel but it wasn't after Berto (I actually REALLY enjoyed that performance), it was the Maidana rematch that really turned my stomach, that was difficult to watch.

Watched the Berto fight plenty, really enjoyed man. One thing, hopefully he stays retired.

Comment

So strongly disagree but I know exactly how you feel but it wasn't after Berto (I actually REALLY enjoyed that performance), it was the Maidana rematch that really turned my stomach, that was difficult to watch.

Watched the Berto fight plenty, really enjoyed man. One thing, hopefully he stays retired.
              It's just the first fight for me where I've seen Flid seemingly not be able to pull the trigger.

Both Maidana fights weren't great viewings but in both he still had offense, he still landed crisp hard shots consistently.

His defense was still a joy to watch against Berto but that was it for me.

In the arena I was disappointed and rewatching it I was the same. I didn't see any of the offense weapons, I saw him reduced to mainly jabs and the seldom times he did try and mount some offense he looked extremely sloppy and inaccurate. Sloppy and inaccurate, can you believe Floyd Mayweather could be described like that?

I don't know, I saw a fighter that was done. I'm glad it was Berto in there and not a top WW.

Comment

It's just the first fight for me where I've seen Flid seemingly not be able to pull the trigger.

Both Maidana fights weren't great viewings but in both he still had offense, he still landed crisp hard shots consistently.

His defense was still a joy to watch against Berto but that was it for me.

In the arena I was disappointed and rewatching it I was the same. I didn't see any of the offense weapons, I saw him reduced to mainly jabs and the seldom times he did try and mount some offense he looked extremely sloppy and inaccurate. Sloppy and inaccurate, can you believe Floyd Mayweather could be described like that?

I don't know, I saw a fighter that was done. I'm glad it was Berto in there and not a top WW.
                It was a great display of body punching and he's never unveiled the uppercut as much as he did against Berto. From the vintage jab to the body, some nice lead left hooks and again, body punching, it was a damn good performance. If I had any issues with it, it'd be the fact that he was clowning a lot.

You didn't notice the constant attack to the body though?

As for the bold, this is why I gave Thurman a very good shot.

Comment

It was a great display of body punching and he's never unveiled the uppercut as much as he did against Berto. From the vintage jab to the body, some nice lead left hooks and again, body punching, it was a damn good performance. If I had any issues with it, it'd be the fact that he was clowning a lot.

You didn't notice the constant attack to the body though?

As for the bold, this is why I gave Thurman a very good shot.
                  I don't know what you're watching.

I saw a body attack that was few and far between. Mostly in the cliches because he had to clinch way more than you'd expect. Other than the combination to the body in one of the rounds, forgot which one, it was seldom.

Jab to the body was only on show in the early rounds. He'd stopped using quickly.

To say he's never unveiled the uppercut as much as he did against Berto is crazy. How many times did he use it? I could count on one hand. The counter uppercut from the shoulder roll position was completely missing in action. I saw it used once or twice in the later rounds.

Lead left hooks were used but again seldom and inaccurate.

Floyd was as sloppy and inaccurate against Berto as I've ever seen him.

Comment

Floyd didn't look particularly great against Berto. He's at best got a 50th fight in him but I don't think I'd encourage him to fight again if I were in his inner circle.

Comment

Working...
                    X