Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Floyd really let Haymon and Ellerbe decide who he fights next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Floyd really let Haymon and Ellerbe decide who he fights next?

I'm sure Money has the final say or at least input, right?

Floyd is either his own boss or Haymon/Ellerbe choose his opponents. It depends who's asking the question on what topic.

Comment

The man has a team that helps him make 100 Million dollars in 36 minutes.
      Ofcourse he lets them help choose, they all work together for the best possible financial scenario.
      Hes at a special point in his career where he can make an unbelievable amount of money over and over again, so they're gonna maximize it.
      And every other athlete wishes they were in a position to do the same, you best believe it. No matter what anyone says.

Comment

Collective effort by all three

Comment

They bring him a list and all 3 of them discuss

Comment

haymon, ellerbe, GBP, showtime and floyd himself all have a say. at the end of the day floyd chooses if he wants to put his name on a contract or not, but a lot of ppl have to oblige for that contract to materialize in the first place. imo floyd has far greater input than the average fighter concerning who he fights, then again most fighters hardly have any input at all.

Comment

ellerbe

ellerbe is a yes man. he'd suck floyd's dick if floyd paid him enough.

haymon is absolutely somebody that floyd listens to. probably eric gomez from goldenboy as well. he's their matchmaker. schaeffer is a former banker, and a finance genius. floyd would be well suited to listen to at least take what he says under advisement.

in the end, floyd fights who he wants, and he is motivated by finances in the long term. he's on a one fight deal with GBP.

Comment

The three decide and then they go and ask their bosses at golden boy, Schaefer and Oscar if its ok.

Comment

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
                  I'm sure Money has the final say or at least input, right?
                  I think Haymon and ellerbee work closely with floyd on choice of opposition. I think Haymon and schaeffer actually sit and meet to discuss financials.

Comment

Working...
                  X