Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Trinidad vs Prime Mosley who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Close matchup but I have to pick Tito on this one. Mosley's speed would give him a lot of trouble but to beat a prime Tito you need to have good fundamentals...

Comment

so according to the poll, Tito wins this one

Comment

Trinidad all day, every day. Mosley wanted no part of Trinidad which is why Trinidad eventually moved up in weight (besides his plans toward Jones) . I don't think Mosley was afraid of Trinidad but at the times Mosley didn't want none (i know, i know, Mosley eventually said he'd fight Trinidad "after" Trinidad already decided to move up in weight) .

Mosley was never a boxer in the sense of he boxes for 12 rounds in a disapline manner. Mosley loved to brawl and got easily lured in brawling. Plus, when Mosley would get hit, he tries to retaliate quickly, against Trinidad, Mosley leaves himself open to much against a great puncher like Trinidad.

Mosley fought in spurts, Trinidad could fight you for 12 rounds. Trinidad by ko, and by decision if Mosley decides to box more than he engages.

Comment

Originally posted by Cash Cow View Post
          For sure Trinidad.

Timing was the main reason they never met. By the time Mosley left the lightweight division, jumping straight to 147, Trinidad had already left 147. After unifying the title against De la Hoya in Sept. 1999, Trinidad moved up to 154.

Mosley's first fight at 147 was against De la Hoya, in June 2000.

While Shane defended his 147 title, during 2001, Trinidad had gone through the 154 division before Mosley ever left 147.

The number one reason these two never met is because Trinidad was naturally bigger and went after bigger game, while Mosley was still between the welterweight and jr. middleweight divisions.
          Your somewhat right other then the last paragraph..they LAST REASON THEY NEVER MET was because Mosley lost to Wright, so instead wright fought trinidad. Trinidad was at the wright/mosley fight scouting shane

Comment

Originally posted by northstar View Post
            It's funny how have punching power can be a plus as well as a hindrance to a boxer. I am convinced that part of the reason why the technical abilities of fighters like mayweather, hopkins et al. have developed to such a degree is due to the fact that they know they're not big punchers and don't have the luxury of relying on their power; especially against tough comp.
            Hopkins and Mayweather have under rated power. Hopkins was a light heavyweight fighting middleweights.

Comment

Originally posted by RoidRage View Post
              Your somewhat right other then the last paragraph..they LAST REASON THEY NEVER MET was because Mosley lost to Wright, so instead wright fought trinidad. Trinidad was at the wright/mosley fight scouting shane
              Trinida vs. Winky didn't happen till after Trinidad came back after retirement.

Mosley great fighter, but over rated.

Comment

Tito wouldn't do anything to Shane's GRANITE chin. Sorry, I see Shane knocking Tito out in the 9th round. A young and prime Shane were a BEAST, great boxing skills, combinations, POWER and one of the best chin ever in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by GoogleMe View Post
                  Tito wouldn't do anything to Shane's GRANITE chin. Sorry, I see Shane knocking Tito out in the 9th round. A young and prime Shane were a BEAST, great boxing skills, combinations, POWER and one of the best chin ever in the game.
                  What was shanes prime?

Comment

Originally posted by SiCaRiO13 View Post
                    Who would win this fight in their primes at 147?
                    I think shane gets punished in the later rounds, Tito' loses came against pure boxers with size and a good jab. wright, and hopkins. Mosley would not be able to outbox him. And mosley being a warrior would have just went at tito and fought if he was losing,and that would have been the beginning of the end. Their fight almost happened at 154 but shane wanted the wright rematch instead.

Comment

Prime Tito knocks Mosley out in the championship rounds! I cannot see Mosley lasting that long Tito's stamina was superb.

Comment

Working...
                      X