No announcement yet.

Loma vs Usyk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loma vs Usyk

Who would you rate higher so far career wise?

Loma- 13 fights, 12wins,1 loss,9kos
    Notable wins- Rocky,Gary Russell, Rigo, Linares, Pedraza, Sosa, Walters
    Accomplishments- 3 weight champion just unified in 135.
    Blemish when comparing- Has a loss

Usyk- 16 fights,16 wins, 12kos

Notable wins- Głowacki, Mchunu, Hunter, Huck, Briedis, Gassiev, Bellew

Accomplishments- Unified all 4 belts at CW.

Blemish when comparing- Only one weight division, and looked less impressive in a lot of fights compared to Loma.

Lomachenko has a better resume and has good wins in 3 divisions, not just one.

Comment

Both B level and boring to watch. Will watch Loma when he fights Garcia or Davis to see him lose. And will watch Usyk when he fights any top 10 real heavyweight to watch him get battered. Then hopefully they'll both retire.

Comment

Usyk did what Loma never did, which was clear out a division facing EVERY single top fighter within it.

Loma's best wins are Russell, Linares, Walters, then Rigo.

Usyk has the better resume IMO, but Loma has more accolades on paper.

What Usyk did was Andre Ward'esqe. I find it more impressive then going through a few divsions in a lower weight classes and taking belts from guys who aren't anywhere near your level. I don't think Loma has yet to fight the #2 or #1 fighter in his division yet.
        Last edited by lolpz; 12-13-2018, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Lomachenko but it's close enough.

Eye test he looks better and his fights are more dominant. They both get great results (hence Loma FOTY 2017, Usyk this year, Loma consensus p4p#1, Usyk in all top 3/4's which is HUGE for a cruiser) and have accomplished a lot in so little time. Neither has had a controversial win in their favor or an especially close win save for the 8-4 Briedis win for Usyk.

Loma's been doing it a little longer. Champion in June 2014 vs. September 2016. Usyk has become undisputed whereas Loma has been the clear #1 in 3 divisions. Loma'c competition has been a little better. I think Rigo being smaller probably isn't as good as Briedis, Glowacki or Gassiev but I don't think any of them were quite as good as Linares and probably only Glowacki has an argument for having status as good as Walters (at that time of course Walters is now retired) and Russell is probably better but Usyk went into their backyards and beat them so he gets extra points for that.

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
            Usyk did what Loma never did, which was clear out a division facing EVERY single top fighter within it.

What Usyk did was Andre Ward'esqe. I find it more impressive then going through a few divsions in a lower weight classes and taking belts from guys who aren't anywhere near your level. I don't think Loma has yet to fight the #2 or #1 fighter in his division yet.
            Linares was #1 and I think Martinez was ranked #1 too because he'd beaten Salido. At 126 I believe Jhonny Gonzalez was #1 but then Loma beat Russell then Russell wrecked Gonzalez.

I understand your point though. Division hopping is overrated and becoming undisputed/dominating a division is hugely underrated.

Comment

I think Lomachenko knocks him spark out.

Comment

Linares was #1 or lineal in the rankings. GR is looked as #1 or 2 at 126 and Walters was top 5. A lot of times Loma is ranked #1 so he's basically fighting top 5.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                  Linares was #1 and I think Martinez was ranked #1 too because he'd beaten Salido. At 126 I believe Jhonny Gonzalez was #1 but then Loma beat Russell then Russell wrecked Gonzalez.

I understand your point though. Division hopping is overrated and becoming undisputed/dominating a division is hugely underrated.
                  Come on man, Martinez? Seriously?

Linares and Russell I gave him full credit for, look at my list. But you think Linares is better then Mikey Garcia? I think Loma would struggle with Robert Easter Jr. to be frank.

What Usyk did was literally enter a tournament in a stacked division with equally or near the same skill level guys and clean it out convincingly, which is what Ward did.

Fighting the "#1 fighter Martinez" in a division is NOT anywhere near what Usyk did. Every fighter in that WBSS tournament is p4p better then Martinez.

Comment

Come on man, Martinez? Seriously?

Linares and Russell I gave him full credit for, look at my list. But you think Linares is better then Mikey Garcia? I think Loma would struggle with Robert Easter Jr. to be frank.

What Usyk did was literally enter a tournament in a stacked division with equally or near the same skill level guys and clean it out convincingly, which is what Ward did.

Fighting the "#1 fighter Martinez" in a division is NOT anywhere near what Usyk did. Every fighter in that WBSS tournament is p4p better then Martinez.
                    it a good point. One could play devils advocate and say Loma fought with disadvantages going up size and length moving up while Usyk pretty much didn't have that in any fight. He gonna do it now at HW so we shall see.

Comment

Working...
                    X