No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Callum Smith Outboxes Nieky Holzken, George Groves is Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
    You ain't wrong. There was a small but vocal minority on here picking Braehmer for the upset... Juergen might be way past his best, but the dude's crafty and has a boxing brain. I think he would have been an absolute nightmare for Mundo who's shown his level in the last couple of fights.
    I said Braehmer over and over and over again after Smith's last fight. Smith is literally garbage. Brahmer would have won this entire tournament had he not gotten injured, I said that after the Eubank-Groves fight.

Brahmer would run through both Smith and Groves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Anyone got the kickboxer close? Casually watching this & surprised with the punches he's landing, but not really scoring it.

One thing is for sure Smith isn't gonna be able to hang with Groves. He's gonna get beat wider than Eubank Jr did.
      Nieky gets 'A' for effort and 10/10 for toughness, but no, it's not close. The only thing to be surprised about is just how poor Mundo's defense is, but you'd been saying he was nothing special for a while as I recall. Prior to this tourney I'd actually been fairly high on the dude...

Comment

• Either Smith cant crack an egg or this guy is tough as hell.

Maybe both.

Comment

• What can Smith say to defend this sihtshow?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Anyone got the kickboxer close? Casually watching this & surprised with the punches he's landing, but not really scoring it.

One thing is for sure Smith isn't gonna be able to hang with Groves. He's gonna get beat wider than Eubank Jr did.
            He is eating too much jabs and it was worse at the beginning of the fight.

Bru, MUAY THAI fighters are tough as nails.

They gotta deal with elbows, legs and knees flying around, all that with no padding, they are tough and compact. I'm glad dude is repping well kick boxing.

Kick boxers are often too snobbed by boxers.

That being said yeah Groves is beating him but Groves is not a coming forward fighters wich is the style to beat Smith, Smith would get destroyed bad by GGG.

Comment

• Smith underwhelming, Holzten completely above expectation. Smith just too big though, unlucky.

Comment

• Smith was in complete control and dominated. holzken was tough, fit, and game

Comment

• Groves is smiling cuz he knows he wipes the floor with Smith's corpse

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                    I thought he had more power, he can't take out a guy who is coming forward and eating 80% of his straight punches.

And he's basically getting bullied by a kickboxer who is 12 fights vs nobodies in pro boxing.

At this point I'm almost thinking a guy like a prime Edison Miranda (contender but hard hitter) would have knocked him out trough the ropes.

Props to that Nieky guy he's tough as nails, as most MUAY THAI fighters are.
                    They are used to get kicked by baseball bat like strikes.
                    Actually he uses dutch boxing

Comment

• Dutchman was very game there.

Good luck to him.

I do think Smith can hit but he certainly didn't hurt the Kickboxer there.

Comment

Working...
                      X