Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mikey Garcia is ready for a slick, black boxer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Contra View Post
    You're implying that fighting a black fighter would be somehow different than a fighter of a different race.

That's an incredibly racist assumption, you fúckin twát.
    A slick black fighter is different than a slick fighter who isn't. Just like when you all cheer Golovkin for fighting 'Mexican Style'

Is that not racist as well?

If not, then don't pick and choose what should be deemed racist...

Now, back to the original topic...

Do you, Conbra, think Mikey Garcia is ready for a slick, black boxer...like Bud Crawford for example?

Comment

Inactivity or not, I never saw him going far. He will fail once he steps up in class AND weight. He has a weak chin too.

Comment

You don't have to be "BLACK" to be Slick but yes I think Mikey being a "Boxer Puncher" and having athleticism himself can deal with a slick style absolutely!

But before moving up it is A LOT of match ups I would like to see Mikey Garcia in at 135 and I don't Dejan Z will be easy nor is it a given that Garcia will beat him! But winner of that vs Jorge Linares that is a huge fight. Also have Robert Easter Jr at 135!
        Last edited by sicko; 10-30-2016, 05:35 PM.

Comment

He aint ready for Crawford, prolly never will be.

Comment

Originally posted by i got the keys View Post
            A slick black fighter is different than a slick fighter who isn't. Just like when you all cheer Golovkin for fighting 'Mexican Style'

Is that not racist as well?

If not, then don't pick and choose what should be deemed racist...

Now, back to the original topic...

Do you, Conbra, think Mikey Garcia is ready for a slick, black boxer...like Bud Crawford for example?
            Mexico is a country not a race. Otherwise it would be "Hispanic style".

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Kewl Hair View Post
              Mexico is a country not a race. Otherwise it would be "Hispanic style".
              Latino.

People shouldn't use Hispanic.
              Last edited by i got the keys; 10-30-2016, 06:06 PM. Reason: Language

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
                A slick black boxer has called out Mikey inside the ring.

I just want to see Gamboa back to fighting... Been almost a year.

Comment

Dumb thread. Why bring race into it?

Comment

I haven't seen him in there with anyone like that?

He's about to fight this Dejan Zlaticanin guy so after he beats him do you think he'll go up to 140 and fight the likes of a Terrance Crawford?

Have we seen enough to assume he's on that level, especially with the 2 year layoff?

Just a thought?

#donthatethemessenger
                    Fighting Terrence Crawford makes no sense, fighting or business wise.

Showtime has shown a clear and honest interest in featuring Mikey Garcia; on top of that, Mikey has already made it decently obvious that he'd also like to get a shot at the WBO belt before moving up.

Terrence Crawford (along with Gilberto Ramirez, Vasyl Lomachenko, and Felix Verdejo) is key to any chance that Top Rank has at reclaiming any clout at HBO (don't let the snake fool you; Arum's business is hinging on Top Rank being the house promoter for HBO, and it's been that way for a while).

After forcibly being put on ice for two years, do you honestly think that Mikey is looking forward to doing business on Top Rank's terms ever again?

Comment

I haven't seen him in there with anyone like that?

He's about to fight this Dejan Zlaticanin guy so after he beats him do you think he'll go up to 140 and fight the likes of a Terrance Crawford?

Have we seen enough to assume he's on that level, especially with the 2 year layoff?

Just a thought?

#donthatethemessenger
                      I wanna see him in with a slick blue dude.

Comment

Working...
                      X