Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: 9 Of 10 Refs Would've Waved Off Fury Fight In 12th Round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
    Too bad he didn't do enough to win. He should be thankful the fight ended the way it did. Without the draw, there would be no rematch if he won by KO. Then where would he be? No closer to an AJ fight and his next opponent would be Breazeale at a much lower purse. Now he gets to rematch Fury for a big pay day. But, his excuses and his fear are not a good look for a guy who claims to be the best HW.
    ... OK... and what if Wilder is already fighting for his "A side" split in the rematch?...

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      Fury proved the fight shouldn't have been stopped by coming back and finishing the fight. Due to this simple fact, anyone claiming it should have is wrong.
      Plenty of fights get stopped where a fighter can continue. Doesn't make it a bad stoppage. How simple do people have to be to need to feel their opinion is right or try and make others opinions wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
        Essentially Wilder feels entitled to help from the Referee just like the kind of Referee help he received in the Luis Ortiz fight. Wilder really has a victim's mentality. It's pretty sad for a Heavyweight Champion.

If he ever has the guts to come to the UK to fight Joshua, and Joshua knocks him down, he better not complain when the Referee waves it off.
        Essentially you are extremely aggrieved that Wilder retains his belt and might still blast Josha into oblivion in April.

Comment

2 knockdown basically gives wilder 4 rounds cuz it would be a 10-8 round vs a 10-9 round.

so wilder would only have to win 2 other rounds and that would make it a draw!!

so i guess that makes sence!! look tyson did not lose the fight was a draw!!

so they have a score to settle thats all!!

Comment

Originally posted by sapo13 View Post
            2 knockdown basically gives wilder 4 rounds cuz it would be a 10-8 round vs a 10-9 round.

so wilder would only have to win 2 other rounds and that would make it a draw!!

so i guess that makes sence!! look tyson did not lose the fight was a draw!!

so they have a score to settle thats all!!
            Your maths suck as bad as your English because 4 rounds to Wilder (inc. 2 kds) would give Fury a 114-112 victory, ie Judge Tapper's score.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
              Essentially you are extremely aggrieved that Wilder retains his belt and might still blast Josha into oblivion in April.
              I'm not gonna lie, that would be hilarious.

After Dec. 1, the boxing world has to favor Fury to be the last man standing when all of the smoke clears. But those belts are still up for grabs and anything could happen.

Comment

he's right, but jack rees is one of the best refs in boxing and he didn't..

only thing to me that was a little suspsect was when fury stumbled forward, held rees, and rees still let him go. otherwise i have no critique other htan to say he's one of hte very best refs in the game at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  he's right, but jack rees is one of the best refs in boxing and he didn't..

only thing to me that was a little suspsect was when fury stumbled forward, held rees, and rees still let him go. otherwise i have no critique other htan to say he's one of hte very best refs in the game at the moment.
                  It was more like he leaned forward looked him in the eyes, put his hands on his shoulders to tell him he was fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
                    I'm not gonna lie, that would be hilarious.

After Dec. 1, the boxing world has to favor Fury to be the last man standing when all of the smoke clears. But those belts are still up for grabs and anything could happen.
                    Exactly. I think many saw Saturday as an opportunity missed to dismiss Wilder as a potential Joshua opponent. They are now salty that instead of eliminating one of the two contenders, it just reinforced the idea that there are 3 heavies with a claim to the top dog spot.

Comment

and 9 out of 10 refs would have ruined the fight!

Comment

Working...
                      X