Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Consensus Thread... According to YOU who won Wilder or Fury... and why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ric Flair Drip View Post
    All you Fury votes..........tell us why............................

Because he won, simple as that. He outboxed Wilder in every single round including the 9th and the 12th. What more is there to say, the evidence is right there in the footage of the fight.

I see absolutely no argument for Wilder winning that fight at all. Im listening to a few decent arguments for a draw although i dont agree with them and ive heard a few pearlers too that i definitely dont agree with. But there is no argument for a Wilder win.

Comment

Fury threw less and landed more.

Fury controlled the pace of the fight. Made Wilder miss a lot. That's all that really needs to be said. Anyone who says Wilder won clearly had a dog in that fight.

Apart from the knockdowns Fury was in total control from start to finish. And as people have said after getting up from both knockdowns he won the rest of each round after getting up.

Comment

What about the rest of you muts??? whachu got?!?!?!??!

Comment

i had the same score as fat Dan, Wilder won a close fight just of the knockdowns

Comment

I had it a draw. 1, 2, 4, 9, 12 +2 for Wilder. With that said, Fury came out looking a winner since he outboxed Wilder for the majority of the rounds after most took him for dead going into that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHanz View Post
              Fury won pretty much every round through his offense, defense and ring generalship. Even the rounds he got dropped in, he came back strong. People seem to forget that he badly hurt Wilder in round 12 after doing his undertaker act. Astonishing.
              pretty much this. wilder was never able to gain a foothold in the fight. he was never in control.

Comment

i had it 7-5 for fury and with the 2 KDs the card is 113-113

but i don't mind if people have fury winning, if there was a winner it should've been him

Comment

9-3 Fury.

Here's what the judges are looking for when scoring a boxing match:

Effective aggression

Defense

Ring Generalship

Hard and clean punches

I dare any of you Wilder fans to show me which one of these categories Wilder was better at than Fury.

And before you say effective aggression remember that the word 'effective' is the keyword here.
                  Last edited by Szef; 12-03-2018, 04:43 PM.

Comment

It was a close fight. I have Fury winning, 114-112. Overall, Fury's ring generalship outweighed Wilder's effective aggression. I was expecting Wilder to win, but I can't find more than two rounds that he won besides the KD ones. He spent a lot of time waiting for something to happen, and letting Fury stay in control. The second KD was tremendous, and I was expecting it. But I sure didn't expect Fury to 1) get up, and 2) be aggressive again.

Really hope there's a prompt rematch to settle the draw.

Comment

Fury won 9 of the 12 rounds clearly. Even in rounds where he was "inactive" he was completely active by nullifying Wilder and the right hand.

Wilder kept on swinging and missing bad. That's called non effective aggression.

Comment

Working...
                      X