Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rumours are that AJ got a concussion from sparring during/close to fight week

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumours are that AJ got a concussion from sparring during/close to fight week

Supposedly he was knocked out during sparring and got a concussion.... I don’t know how close to fight week.

Because of this his Dad wanted the fight cancelled or postponed but Hearn wouldn’t allow it due to the publicity and potential financial losses. That’s possibly why his Dad was having a real go at Hearn after the fight.

This would also explain why AJ seemed lost in the corner from the first round and asking what to do and why he was feeling like that etc. He also looked kinda banged up with bruises and swollen eyes.

If it’s true then it’s definitely a bad look for Hearn.

There’s no official reports of this yet but something definitely seemed off from the start and this would go some way towards explaining it.

This isn’t making excuses by the way, it really would be a sign of how they terribly underestimated Ruiz though.
    Last edited by NaijaD; 06-03-2019, 04:01 AM.

Respect to you, because you're one of the most solid guys on here, I don't think it had anything to do with the fact that AJ got too aggressive after the kd, that body shots kept him from getting his breath back, that he was planting his feet in front of a guy who was hoping and praying AJ would plant his feet.
    I think people say he acted weird because that's what they say every time an upset happens.

Comment

Poor Josh you'd never know he got concussion he always seemed confident and ok.
      But he's not sounding as clear cut no1 heavyweight as some thought, sparring stories count also to a point.
      But hopefully Josh recovers and beats wilder. I d rather Josh beat wilder than ruiz

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
        Supposedly he was knocked out during sparring and got a concussion.... I don’t know how close to fight week.

Because of this his Dad wanted the fight cancelled or postponed but Hearn wouldn’t allow it due to the publicity and potential financial losses. That’s possibly why his Dad was having a real go at Hearn after the fight.

This would also explain why AJ seemed lost in the corner from the first round and asking what to do and why he was feeling like that etc. He also looked kinda banged up with bruises and swollen eyes.

If it’s true then it’s definitely a bad look for Hearn.

There’s no official reports of this yet but something definitely seemed off from the start and this would go some way towards explaining it.

This isn’t making excuses by the way, it really would be a sign of how they terribly underestimated Ruiz though.
        That won’t surprise me, I heard from a good source that Joey Dawejko guy from Philly he used for sparring was giving him major problems.

Comment

I heard that Hearn did blood letting on Joshua like in the fight with Gladiator and Commudus to make it more competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            Respect to you, because you're one of the most solid guys on here, I don't think it had anything to do with the fact that AJ got too aggressive after the kd, that body shots kept him from getting his breath back, that he was planting his feet in front of a guy who was hoping and praying AJ would plant his feet.
            I think people say he acted weird because that's what they say every time an upset happens.
            My post doesn’t touch on the round by round action though but clearly there was something going on, especially in the corner.

Joshua is not a durable guy so it’s hard to tell if he was damaged going into the fight.
            Last edited by NaijaD; 06-03-2019, 04:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by donjigga11 View Post
              That won’t surprise me, I heard from a good source that Joey Dawejko guy from Philly he used for sparring was giving him major problems.
              They had Joey in the camp
              Joey kind of reminds me of an early Ruiz
              Just never took off though
              Perfect guy to impersonate Ruiz though

Comment

Whatever happened Ruiz was the better man on the night.

Joshua has got terrible punch resistance and recovery - it's clear to see, even before the Ruiz fight.

Comment

I’m not sure.

I could buy into these rumours if it was so out of character but it’s not. He’s been hurt before and took an age to recover. It’s nothing new. It’s just Ruiz could finish the job finally.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
                    My post doesn’t touch on the round by round action though but clearly there was something going on, especially in the corner.

Yeah something was stinking up that corner , that smell was chitty McKracken
                    Might be my pessimistic view of him getting in the way but I just think the guy is horrible trainer
                    Just listen to his advice in the corner between rounds , you’d swear it was him getting fughed up in that ring
                    I’m sorry just not my favourite trainer , very over hyped

Comment

Working...
                    X