Congrats to Canelo completing 1 year of 24/7/365 testing #CleanSport

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats to Canelo, he is the #1 p4p and the cleanest in the sport

Comment

Does this change the fact he cheated to get the GGG rematch delayed so he'd have a better chance of winning?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        Nope. That WBC CPB is a joke as is the BBBoC.

The VADA 24/7/365 tests more than both of those programs
        Mmm. I had kinda assumed so too the way they talk about it, but I just spent the last 10 - 15 minutes searching and I can't find anything solid that differentiates the two - seems like they talk about the two things like they're synonymous.

It all seems to be stuff of this nature:

http://www.fightsports.tv/lara-asks-...sting-for-wba/

After leaving the WBC’s Clean Boxing Program, Erislandy Lara has requested to join the WBA’s Fair Boxing Program, which includes VADA’s 365 testing.
        But nothing which actually specifies how 24/7/265 differs from the CPB. It's still a positive thing, but you would have thought they'd be going out of their way to promote just how efficacious year round is. just thought you might have some solid info I'd missed.

EDIT: There's this from Fat Dan, but he's just as short on detail as everyone else:

https://twitter.com/danrafaelespn/st...36963293519872

24/7/365 VADA program is far more rigorous than WBC Clean Boxing Program (which VADA also oversees).

VADA should keep a running list of what tests have been performed, when, and the results. They did release a coupla quarterly lists after the CPB started but I ain't seen anything since.
        Last edited by Citizen Koba; 05-29-2019, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Canelo is dirty, ask a doctor you idiots.

Comment

Bro....is he setting an example by failing PED tests....failing 2 to be exact? LMFAO

Canelo is such a good example, he is showing young fighters how to cheat with PEDs and get away with it...breh

Comment

Lmfao this thread backfired

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                Aren't all WBC top 15 fighters subject to 24/7 anyway under the auspices of the CPB?... best I can tell 24/7 is no different, although you're at least as good at digging up info as me so maybe you know something I missed. Is there like a specified minimum # of tests they do on 365 or something perhaps?

Not saying by any stretch it ain't a positive thing, but last I checked CPB and 24/7 were full of holes. It's good he's doing it but the whole damn system needs tightening up.

Oh yeah - and all fighters under the jurisdiction of the BBBoC are subject to year round 24/7 random as far as I know, though once again, it's a very long way from being a reliable means of catching all offenders.
                J Rock was just on The Fight (Teddy Atlas' podcast) & he kinda said the WBC thing wasn't very effective which is why he wants all his opponents moving forward to be in a 90 day OST program. I believe you CAN be tested 24/7/365 with the WBC, but they aren't testing nearly enough from the sounds of it.

I don't even think the WBC has been super clear on what exactly they are doing & not doing.

Randomly I did hear one fighter (don't recall who doe) talking about the WBC program & he said they were super helpful with telling him what he could & couldn't take which is very un-OST agency-like from what I know about how the USADA & VADA approach things. Which I do think is good with steering people in the right directions, but you gotta do more testing.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  J Rock was just on The Fight (Teddy Atlas' podcast) & he kinda said the WBC thing wasn't very effective which is why he wants all his opponents moving forward to be in a 90 day OST program. I believe you CAN be tested 24/7/365 with the WBC, but they aren't testing nearly enough from the sounds of it.

I don't even think the WBC has been super clear on what exactly they are doing & not doing.

Randomly I did hear one fighter (don't recall who doe) talking about the WBC program & he said they were super helpful with telling him what he could & couldn't take which is very un-OST agency-like from what I know about how the USADA & VADA approach things. Which I do think is good with steering people in the right directions, but you gotta do more testing.
                  Massive funding gap best I can tell - or at least that was the story a year or two ago. First year or so of the CPB they released a coupla post dated quarterly lists of which boxers had been tested, but being the sort of pedantic mfer I am I ran through a coupla of the lists to compare 'em to fight dates and it turned out that almost without exception the tests carried out were on fighters with upcoming fights.. ie it was basically just 'in competition' testing which was typically paid for under the terms of fight contracts. The 'out of competition testing' for a 3 month period testing a grand total of about half a dozen fighters, all B and C listers best I recall, basically a drop in the ocean. Couple that with a few other reports from VADA and other sources about funding difficulties and the cost of testing and the story built up that essentially the funding just wasn't there to make the program effective.

Regardless, unless I missed a release (which ain't unlikely cos I ain't got the time I used to) they stopped releasing the lists of what tests had been done after the first year or so.
                  Last edited by Citizen Koba; 05-29-2019, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Massive funding gap best I can tell - or at least that was the story a year or two ago. First year or so of the CPB they released a coupla post dated quarterly lists of which boxers had been tested, but being the sort of pedantic mfer I am I ran through a coupla of the lists to compare 'em to fight dates and it turned out that almost without exception the tests carried out were on fighters with upcoming fights.. ie it was basically just 'in competition' testing which was typically paid for under the terms of fight contracts. Couple that with a few other reports from VADA and other sources about funding difficulties and the cost of testing and the story built up that essentially the funding just wasn't there to make the program effective.
                    Idk why they started it if they can't pay for it. Doesn't sound like they thought it through if thats legit.

Comment

We gonna throw a party every year the dude doesn't pop dirty?
                      Not even that, he must be congratulated for every day he avoids eating contaminated meat. That's the official line, remember folks

Comment

Working...
                      X