No announcement yet.

Canelo testing positive for Clen/PEDS

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo testing positive for Clen/PEDS

Serious question - why doesn't anyone care that Canelo pissed dirty and got popped for PEDs? Like it hasn't hurt his image or earning ability at all. People just haven't cared.

My opinion is that of the 3 fan groups out there:

1) Floyd fans don't care because if he succeeds, it makes Floyd look good. Especially if he has success against GGG who they also hate.

2) Canelo fans will back him regardless. They just haven't seemed to care one bit.

3) GGG fans want the payday that comes from Canelo so they haven't made a big deal about it.

What are everyone else's thoughts?

If any other fighter pissed dirty like that I would just think they would lose a ton of support and Canelo didn't lose one fan. It's kind of surreal when you think about it.
    He was never dirty
    28.89%
    Time goes on, I forgave him - like him the same or better now
    15.56%
    Never cared if he was dirty or not
    13.33%
    Always hated him anyway
    13.33%
    I am not as big of a fan as his now as I was before
    28.89%

Money and corruption rules the sport, I wouldnt be surprised if Canelo is still juicing and the WBC / Sulaiman shielding him, an undefeated Canelo, Sulaimans darling and franchise champion brings the WBC millions.

Comment

I predicted that he'd beat Golovkin and everyone would forget all about the PED issue, and he'd be the darling of the sport once again. Boxing fans are predictable.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        I predicted that he'd beat Golovkin and everyone would forget all about the PED issue, and he'd be the darling of the sport once again. Boxing fans are predictable.
        I don't think Canelo won the 2nd fight.

But I definitely agree with the angle that him winning was almost necessary for boxing to continue as it was before - if he got beat after testing positive, boxing would have lost its biggest (or 2nd biggest) star, or he could have seriously been diminished.

Canelo fights now are like Floyd fights used to be - everyone makes money.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
          Serious question - why doesn't anyone care that Canelo pissed dirty and got popped for PEDs? Like it hasn't hurt his image or earning ability at all. People just haven't cared.

My opinion is that of the 3 fan groups out there:

1) Floyd fans don't care because if he succeeds, it makes Floyd look good. Especially if he has success against GGG who they also hate.

2) Canelo fans will back him regardless. They just haven't seemed to care one bit.

3) GGG fans want the payday that comes from Canelo so they haven't made a big deal about it.

What are everyone else's thoughts?

If any other fighter pissed dirty like that I would just think they would lose a ton of support and Canelo didn't lose one fan. It's kind of surreal when you think about it.
          there is plenty of therads about this on this site, and has been discussed multiple times, just google..
          do we need to make a thread about the issue every week ?

Comment

I don't think it has as much to do with no know caring about Canelo using banned substances as much as no one realllllllllly caring about boxers using banned substances.

Certainly I think its a fact that people don't care about banned substances THAT much.

I've been saying the last few weeks that anyone thinking Big Baby's career is over is f#cking nuts cuz this sh^t has always blown over for name boxers. Hell even lesser named guys don't get much damage from banned substance usage.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
              Money and corruption rules the sport, I wouldnt be surprised if Canelo is still juicing and the WBC / Sulaiman shielding him, an undefeated Canelo, Sulaimans darling and franchise champion brings the WBC millions.
              If he was juicing before, and he looks as good or better now than he did, I think he very likely is still juicing, and just getting protected as you suggest.

Though I think a lot of guys are probably juicing so I don't want to just come down on him.

Still though most people that hate Canelo now hated him before the drug test revelation. He amazingly has lost like 0 support...or maybe even gained followers now. It is kind of incredible.

I'm always interested to see if fights are officially announced 3+ months before the fight date. That 90 day period seems to be the cycle off period, and the GGG Canelo 2 fight was announced just outside of that window, and that's probably why he got caught.

But will anyone want him to test dirty again and ruin that fighter's payday? I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
                there is plenty of therads about this on this site, and has been discussed multiple times, just google..
                do we need to make a thread about the issue every week ?
                I don't know if you read my actual post - I have never seen comments/a thread from people on here about why they don't really care about Canelo's dirty test.

I've seen some of his fans try to explain it away but deep down they have to know what was going on.

Comment

- -near every Canelo critic can't pass a VADA test, nor could their biz leaders, politicians, nba/mlb/nfl heroes.

Wildlife all over the world now testing positive for drugs, and to be sure many banned substances are over the counter stuff, and in Canelo's case Clen legally found in his food chain, and I'd remind you of all the imported beef from Argentina and Mexico in the us.

BALCO Vic VADA and the rest of the boxing suits and officials can't pass VADA.

What else can I say other than you can't fix the stupid found on this board and VADA don't test for that!

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    I don't think it has as much to do with no know caring about Canelo using banned substances as much as no one realllllllllly caring about boxers using banned substances.

Certainly I think its a fact that people don't care about banned substances THAT much.

I've been saying the last few weeks that anyone thinking Big Baby's career is over is f#cking nuts cuz this sh^t has always blown over for name boxers. Hell even lesser named guys don't get much damage from banned substance usage.
                    I agree with you overall - I assume half of these guys, at least, are juicing so I'm never really surprised, and don't care a ton because of that.

Just no one as big as Canelo has ever been caught like that, in my recollection.

In my own experience when Ortiz and Povetkin tested positive I lost a little respect for them. I guess I still consider myself a fan of each but not as much. Povetkin's situation was a little murkier than Ortiz's was but it still seemed to be more than a little shady.

All I can say is if GGG or Lara or any of my other favorites tested positive, I just don't think I would support them that heavily. That would probably be the biggest thing they could do to lose me as a supporter.

Though until it actually happens that is easier said that done. Not sure exactly how it would go until it happens. Maybe I would find myself making excuses for them like Canelo fans do.

Comment

Working...
                    X