Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tevin Farmer says promoters are the reason fights don't get made.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tevin Farmer says promoters are the reason fights don't get made.

Tevin Farmer is the reason fights don't get made.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post

Don't really disagree with the dude... my general impression is that top level fighters are basically all willing to fight each other... contrary to the BChit that gets bandied about on here these dudes ain't scared of each other or cowards or whatever, they're professional athletes doing their damn job and in the main it's a job they love doing else they wouldn't be where they are. Sure they want to get paid right, but 90% of the time I reckon the fighters would compromise to keep things moving.

NB: Duplicate of deleted comment posted from the PICK EM CREW account accidentally.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
        Don't really disagree with the dude... my general impression is that top level fighters are basically all willing to fight each other... contrary to the BChit that gets bandied about on here these dudes ain't scared of each other or cowards or whatever, they're professional athletes doing their damn job and in the main it's a job they love doing else they wouldn't be where they are. Sure they want to get paid right, but 90% of the time I reckon the fighters would compromise to keep things moving.

NB: Duplicate of deleted comment posted from the PICK EM CREW account accidentally.
        Hearn has basically said the same thing as you and Farmer. He said promoters aren't going to send their top fighters to another network when the reason they got the network deal was to show their top fighters on that network

Comment

I call bs on this. Fighter's get to choose their opponent's for the most part (mandatory challengers withstanding) and they always make excuses for fights not happening. Aka Farmer himself when Jojo Diaz called him out.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyJonesJrp4pno1 View Post
            I call bs on this. Fighter's get to choose their opponent's for the most part (mandatory challengers withstanding) and they always make excuses for fights not happening. Aka Farmer himself when Jojo Diaz called him out.
            I think the vast majority of fighters leave that ish up to their managers and promoters, man. Honestly, why wouldn't they? If I'm paying a dude 20 - 25% of what I earn then I better trust he can damn well do whatever it is he does better than I can.

Comment

BREAKING NEWS!!!! Water is wet! Fighters are employees of their promoters, (based off the contract they sign) they are told who they are gonna fight next. Keep it real, if left up the the fighter most careers wouldn't make it to the journeyman/elite level. ONLY true power, drawing power, putting asses in seats power fighters are allowed to say who they will fight. And that is only if they are smart enough to know their worth.

Comment

100% correct. Promoters have the ability to control how & when fights get made & how much fighters get when its made. Fighters are basically signing away their options to some degree when signing with a promoter. Promoters have far too much power in boxing today. They need to be reined in more.

Comment

The assumption that Farmer is referring to Hearn when he’s trying to fight another fighter and promotional company that’s ducking!

Comment

Yeah. That Davis vs Tank bs is part Ellerbe, too from that last interview I heard.

Comment

Working...
                    X