Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Classic video of Mayweather telling Maidana's team you're not wearing those gloves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
    Floyd "Let's make it fair. You wear my gloves."
    Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
    But I need to pay you 1.5 millions

Comment

Jean Pascal's S&C Coach protested those gloves the January BEFORE the Mayweather/Maidana fight in May. He explains what was wrong with them here.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by kingstip9 View Post
          The commission said yes, Mayweather said no
          commission said no to the 1st pair, why make up lies?

Comment

commission approved the RED GLOVES...these were the 1st pair that were NOT approved

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
              commission approved the RED GLOVES...these were the 1st pair that were NOT approved
              While your comment is true. One might question: why did Floyd pay Maidana 1.5 millions for him to wear other gloves?

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                While your comment is true. One might question: why did Floyd pay Maidana 1.5 millions for him to wear other gloves?
                all i ask is to keep the facts str8..

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                  all i ask is to keep the facts str8..
                  Facts also include Floyd paying Maidana to use Everlast powerlock gloves. Don't forget that in your facts list. Guess that makes us think Floyd never wanted Maidana's gloves to be punchers in the first place. And we also know Everlast CEO came out and said the first gloves only had a different color.

Being boxing a corrupt sport we can't be sure the first pair were actually illegal. If that was the case it doesn't make sense for Floyd to still pay extra money to Maidana.

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post
                    I can tell you right now..... *puts on glove*

immediately says **** NO!

Floyd Sr. is the star of the video. Easily.

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
                      If I was Maidana or his team I would simply say:
                      “These gloves were already approved by the commission. I’ll be in the ring tomorrow night to honor my end of the contract. If you guys don’t show up you can deal with all the lawsuits from angry fans and venders.”
                      Then I would calmly walk out and let them cry all their tears.
                      But he reportedly got some extra $$ on the side to switch gloves so good for him.
                      There was no way Maidana was getting away with a Curtis Harper moment.

Comment

Working...
                      X