Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Wilder proving that skills dont matter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Wilder proving that skills dont matter?

Are we living in an era where power and atleticism trump skill. I mean look at Wilder. He should not be this successful

Study boxing history. Specifically the parts about George Foreman.

Last edited by Redd Foxx; 05-18-2019, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Wilder fought from the outside, controlled the distance, worked his jab, and then put his opponent down in under 3 minutes with a straight right.

Maybe it's time that we acknowledge that Wilder has skills?

Comment

Wilder had no fear of this man and it showed.
        Give him credit he took care of business. But let’s not pretend like this guy wasn’t tailor made for a highlight reel KO.

Comment

It’s not that skills dont matter but it just doesnt matter as much at HW like in the lower weight divisions.

Comment

Wilder throws a decent jab. I think we got spoiled watching lighter weight classes that provide us with technique and skill and less knockouts. The bigger the fighter typically the less skillful. You will never see a Mayweather in the heavyweights. It’s like basketball. The WNBA have women’s shooting lights out. But you’re not gonna get the power you get from Shaq. Hope this makes some sense.

Also I saw a thread in which someone quoted Lampley “ that what heavyweights are suppose to do”.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
              Wilder fought from the outside, controlled the distance, worked his jab, and then put his opponent down in under 3 minutes with a straight right.

I'm a huge critic of his technique but he showed brilliant control of distance tonight. I was surprised. His punching was sloppy but when you finish a guy in 1 round, people don't get the right to criticize your punching too much so I'll STFU about that.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

all those skills suddenly disappeared against Fury doe. Breazle is a trash opponent.

Comment

The class is weak and has been for a long, long time. Nobody with THAT little skill could reign as champion because of only a bomb in his right hand in any class with talent.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                    It’s not that skills dont matter but it just doesnt matter as much at HW like in the lower weight divisions.
                    Precisely.

Comment

Working...
                    X