No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Terence Crawford-Amir Khan: Afterthoughts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Terence Crawford-Amir Khan: Afterthoughts

There may come a day when WBO welterweight beltholder Terence Crawford can be outboxed. For now, the boxing world is settled in a place where Crawford is simply boxed out. No reader here can say they weren't warned. Saturday night's ESPN pay-per-view show was buyer beware going in. Amir Khan has always been fragile and the last seven or eight years have been all about selective management.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Egidijus Kavaliauskas is the #1 ranked WBO contender, so it's pretty obvious who Crawford will be fighting next.

Comment

Originally posted by buddyguns View Post
      Egidijus Kavaliauskas is the #1 ranked WBO contender, so it's pretty obvious who Crawford will be fighting next.
      I rather hope not..................

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
        I rather hope not..................
        That fight makes zero sense whatsoever. So....
        of COURSE its next. This is Crawford & Arum we're talking about here not___________________ (insert non top rank, true champs name in blank).

Comment

After thoughts....Lets's let the Kult of Khan share their thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
            That fight makes zero sense whatsoever. So....
            of COURSE its next. This is Crawford & Arum we're talking about here not___________________ (insert non top rank, true champs name in blank).
            ... Crawford... didn't he just call out Spence?... (I'm not interested in you promotional feuds up there, tbh...)

Comment

Afterthoughts...? Mismatch before , mismatch after , quite simple really ..

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                ... Crawford... didn't he just call out Spence?... (I'm not interested in you promotional feuds up there, tbh...)
                Calling someone out like Spence means nothing to me after he now knows it won't happen & Top rank has no more wws left. When Spence was calling Crawford out along with the rest of the wws all I heard was crickets & excuses such as "who he fought,hes not a name,etc."

So I don't begrudge Spence 4 facing the champs in his own stable that are more lucrative. The question then becomes will Crawford price himself out vs the other ww champs,he was willing to overpay khan like 5 mil 4 a terrible ppv,my thoughts are he will be happy keeping the low level gravy train going while claiming hes being ducked.

I don't believe Arum/Crawford are serious at all about Spence,just as they're not about mikey vs loma. They call them out,but then bob does interviews afterwards saying"they need to accept they don't deserve much & are clear b side" etc.,Arum actualley claimed teo vs loma is a much bigger fight than mikey & that Mikey doesn't deserve much & would have to give loma majority of purse & concede every demand.

Arum loves to say he wants to fight then put millions of fight killing conditions that are nonstarters like he did w Wilder vs fury & with pac v may.

Comment

Pretty sobering thought there that Khan ends up with more money options than Crawford. Might just be true.

Arum's posturing of a Brook fight might fall apart as he got short-changed by Khan, and will probably not understand Brook wanting the same as Khan, else Khan gets bragging rights on Brook 'I got paid more, so I must be better'.

Brook needs to decide if he wants to actually compete at 154, or if its just a peeing contest with Khan at 147.

Comment

If Crawford can't get Spence soon then the fight won't happen as Spence won't be at 147 for long and Crawford won't be moving up for a while.

Comment

Working...
                    X