No announcement yet.

What does boxing mean to you?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does boxing mean to you?

When you picture the sport of boxing what do you envision?

I will be the first to say, if any1 else made this thread theyd maybe get a couple replies, but because its you, you will like get 10 pages and half will be Broner fighter of the decade bashes and or Mayweather sucks etc.

In before Daggum.

Comment

It may sound as an overused phrase but boxing saved me and helped me during the darkest years of my life and made me feel the self-worth and self-respect for the first time. Boxing tought me self-perservance, discipline, hard work, but most importantly that everything is possible when you put your whole being in it and that we are capable of a lot, to always trust in myself.

That's why I hate corruption in it, also the haters and cheerleaders who never laced a pair of gloves and are only supporting an individual or a particular race instead of showing a bit of respect for the sport. The corruption may never stop, the talent pool may vary and there may be the times where there isn't a lot of exciting fights/fighters, and I may feel dissapointed because of it, but I won't ever stop being in love with boxing as a sport.
      Last edited by StefanTosic; 06-24-2018, 07:22 PM.

Comment

maybe something slightly between the two...

Comment

Originally posted by S7V7N View Post

Comment

Originally posted by StefanTosic View Post
            It may sound as an overused phrase but boxing saved me and helped me during the darkest years of my life and made me feel the self-worth and self-respect for the first time. Boxing tought me self-perservance, discipline, hard work, but most importantly that everything is possible when you put your whole being in it and that we are capable of a lot, to always trust in myself.

That's why I hate corruption in it, also the haters and cheerleaders who never laced a pair of gloves and are only supporting an individual or a particular race instead of showing a bit of respect for the sport. The corruption may never stop, the talent pool may vary and there may be the times where there isn't a lot of exciting fights/fighters, and I may feel dissapointed because of it, but I won't ever stop being in love with boxing as a sport.
            great damn post

Comment

I love watching highly skilled boxers fight since I was 15 years old.I only like combat sports and nothing else. I boxed myself so I know how much better the best boxers are than I could ever be. I follow my favorite boxers closely and it inspires me and makes me happy when they do well. I watch the moves they make and the way they throw their punches.

Comment

Originally posted by S7V7N View Post

Yep, her nose is definitely broken after that

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                  When you picture the sport of boxing what do you envision?
                  A bunch of low class people watching on TV and a bunch of rich pricks watching in person.

Comment

The best sport in the world and the only sport I follow. Boxing stories of fighters coming from nothing and becoming something really motivated me to want to become something in life too when I was down and out as a teenager. Plus the amount of skills, intellect and toughness (mental and physical) needed to be a successful boxer can't be matched by any other sport.

Comment

Working...
                    X