Facts: Conor dropped a fighter Andre Ward couldn't even hurt - 3 times

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by commonsense View Post
    Explain that then?
    Andre Ward spoke so highly of Nate's boxing skills. "Could make it as a boxer" - "Can't hurt him" - "granite chin"

Andre, like every other opponent of Nate Diaz, tried and failed to put him on his ass. It's no coincidence Andre is one of the few saying "anything can happen in this fight" and not ruling out Conor.

I guess when you see a UFC fighter outbox and brutalize the face of an opponent that you couldn't even bruise it will leave you with no choice but to re-evaluate his chances in the ring.
    You're a fuggin troll, and a tool.
    Ward is going to speak highly of his friends.
    Ward himself is not a puncher.
    Ward is not giving it his all, I guarantee you.
    Ward is an excellent fighter, but he's no Floyd.

Your assbuddy is getting schooled, and that day is closing in quick.

Comment

Andre Ward never fought Nate Diaz. If he did fight him he would knock him out in the first round with ease. He sparred with Diaz which is completely different. Head gear and 16 to 18 ounce gloves are used in sparring and Ward was not even trying to KO the much smaller man. When a bigger man spars a much smaller man they take it easy on the smaller man unless they are just mean and Ward isn't like that. If you can't see the difference between Ward having a friendly sparring session with Diaz and Conor knocking Diaz down in a real fight with tiny 4 ounce gloves you have a lot to learn. I think Mayweather will knock Conor out in a totally one sided fight and Conor will never hurt Mayweather at any time. Mayweather has faced many faster, harder, more accurate punchers than Conor and they couldn't knock him down. Cotto, Pacquiao and the young Canelo were many times more dangerous to Mayweather than Conor and they all lost. Mayweather is older now but the gap in boxing skill between Conor and Mayweather is like the grand canyon.

Comment

oh boy........

Comment

Originally posted by commonsense View Post
          Why couldn't a champion boxer twice the size of Conor do this to Nate?

He also tapped out against Diaz and arguably lost the re-match. Not to mention if a Boxer spars/sparred Diaz, they will take it easy, use pillow gloves and headgear.

Ward isn't "twice the size". That would make him 308 lbs. Last I checked Ward fights at 175.

This forum is a mess.

Comment

So I'm guessing OPs username is his way of being ironic

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
              i wouldnt say better, but mcgregor did dropped nate a few times when ward couldnt.
              how do you know ward was not hold back just throw light punches

conor was trying to ko diaz while ward was messing around with a friend

Comment

Originally posted by VERSION1 (V1) View Post
                how do you know ward was not hold back just throw light punches

conor was trying to ko diaz while ward was messing around with a friend
                i dont, and you dont either. all im saying is ward couldnt drop or hurt diaz when conor did. im not saying conor is better than ward. i believe ward used nate diaz as a sparring partner for one of his previous fights, so why do you think he was messing around with a friend? just because they're friends, doesnt mean they cant go hard, pac/khan always went at it in sparring, bradley and TC went at it, etc.

Comment

i dont, and you dont either. all im saying is ward couldnt drop or hurt diaz when conor did. im not saying conor is better than ward. i believe ward used nate diaz as a sparring partner for one of his previous fights, so why do you think he was messing around with a friend? just because they're friends, doesnt mean they cant go hard, pac/khan always went at it in sparring, bradley and TC went at it, etc.
                  because nate not a boxer that why I don't think they went all out just messing around and besides when sparring you not always trying to ko the other guy but work on your plan for your upcoming fight

Comment

Originally posted by VERSION1 (V1) View Post
                    because nate not a boxer that why I don't think they went all out just messing around and besides when sparring you not always trying to ko the other guy but work on your plan for your upcoming fight
                    and that's why i think ward should have schooled him.

im not saying they have to go to war, but ward being talked about as the best in his division and he's sparring a guy who is NOT a boxer. ward doesnt need to go at it hard with diaz or knock diaz out with 1 punch, but the fact that nate is NOT a boxer should give ward all the reasons to school him easily. BUT instead ward spoke highly of nate.

Comment

and that's why i think ward should have schooled him.

im not saying they have to go to war, but ward being talked about as the best in his division and he's sparring a guy who is NOT a boxer. ward doesnt need to go at it hard with diaz or knock diaz out with 1 punch, but the fact that nate is NOT a boxer should give ward all the reasons to school him easily. BUT instead ward spoke highly of nate.
                      I really think you are just saying the dumbest things to keep your thread alive.I have one question,what is the purpose of having alt account,to troll,etc,etc.Your question has been answered a million times..Sparring is not fighting,is preparation,in fact,Martinez hated to spar.You have headgear,bigger gloves,etc,etc.Have you boxed?sparring helps you with your timing,make plans with a similar fighter you will be facing,checking your positions and more,very seldom you get in a war in sparring,Lets twist your question,Mcgregor lost against nate and ward never did,right?

Comment

Working...
                      X