No announcement yet.

some of you are selling Broner short, I wouldnt be surprised if he beat Mikey

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
    If Broner beats Garcia. It's going to seriously boost Broner's profile HiGH! Which would mean Broner has to perhaps stay 140. And the only fight even after that should be Crawford. Those are two HUGE opportunities where Broner has to be on his A Game and would easily put Broner in top 5 p4p. The awkwardness would be to fight Thurman, Porter or Spence again at 147 where he would most likely lose. But, beating Crawford, who knows maybe Arum folds and chances out on Broner vs Pacquiao.
    Idk about it having much impact on Broner's overall profile. I think a lot of casual boxing fans barely know Mikey or don't know him at all still since he's been out for awhile. If anything it mainly would get him more respect back from the boxing fans who've given up on him or see him as a joke these days.

But yea for sure a Broner win makes a Crawford fight super sexy & maybe it could even be a PPV caliber fight depending on what this new TR platform is & who is or isn't involved in the promotion.

Comment

Mikey is going to beat the crap out of Broner. I know I'm biased because I am one of the bigger Mikey fans on NSB but I just don't see how Broner beats Mikey unless he doesn't make weight and they move the weight up.

Comment

I just don't see him ****ing with a quality fighter like Mikey and coming out on top.

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        This is boxing *said in GGG voice* I wouldn't be surprised by most things that happen in boxing.

But logically I see a wayyyyyyyyyyyy better chance that Mikey comes out ahead here & the -300ish early line I saw on this fight for Mikey sounds about right & makes me wanna just avoid betting on this fight cuz its not a fight without a risk, but there isn't much to win when Mikey wins & there isn't enough upside if Broner wins.
        The early lines I'm seeing here are between -333 and -800. Looks like there is some uncertainty to how much a favorite Mikey should be.

https://www.oddschecker.com/boxing/m...-broner/winner
        Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 06-06-2017, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Garcia is more athletic and a better boxer.

But Broner is bigger and stronger than Mikey, and he's very durable.

I wouldn't be shocked if Broner wins.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
            Not sure if broner hits harder, Mikeys power is unreal. Sparring partners have been quotes as saying he actually hits harder than canelo.

Probably because his timing is so good.
            I highly doubt Mikey can KO Kirkland and Angulo at MW.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
              The early lines I'm seeing here are between -333 and -800. Looks like there is some uncertainty to how much a favorite Mikey should be.

https://www.oddschecker.com/boxing/m...-broner/winner
              Wtf at the -800 on Mikey lines.

That'd be like +500ish for Broner I believe. Hell lets go Broner at +500 lol. About Billions mfers!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                This is boxing *said in GGG voice* I wouldn't be surprised by most things that happen in boxing.

But logically I see a wayyyyyyyyyyyy better chance that Mikey comes out ahead here & the -300ish early line I saw on this fight for Mikey sounds about right & makes me wanna just avoid betting on this fight cuz its not a fight without a risk, but there isn't much to win when Mikey wins & there isn't enough upside if Broner wins.
                yea, the early lines have him a 3, almost 4 to 1 favorite....i'm quite surprised, actually

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                  personally i think its more to do with timing and techinque

Broner is naturally a lil bigger, faster hands and is heavy handed too...i think broner hits harder

look at the way he slayed guys below 140....dude looked special at 135
                  Broner can crack, nobody is saying he can't. But he isn't really that accurate, I don't think he really has a concept of timing, he just expect that his speed will allow him to connect so he never sets up shots. Always throws one shot at a time. Never sets up his shots.

Someone like Mikey is going to bait that single shot out of broner, and then do his work because he can be confident that broner isn't going to throw another shot.

Mikey sets up his shots, is defensively and offensively very responsible, and I don't think Broner is going to get to him throwing one shot at a time. Also, Mikey can and does punch with real power while on the move. He doesn't need to be planted to unload thunder.

Then we have to look at Broner who's defence is about as good as Andre Berto's and his serious lack of mobility due to how wide his stance is, so he is basically infront of you all the time.

Then take into account that Broner's camp is going to revolve around making weight, instead of preparing for Mike Garcia who is a very very high level technician who can put you to sleep with one shot.
                  Last edited by !! Shawn; 06-06-2017, 03:36 PM.

Comment

I saw plenty of people picking Broner to win. He's a WW, while Mikey is a 135 lb fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Sup View Post
                      Nah, not really.

yea, that's total bull****

Comment

Working...
                      X