No announcement yet.

MAX KELLERMAN exposes golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
    except that's not an answer to...why is it unfair for 2 fighters in different divisions to meet in the middle? take all the hate/fanboy bs out of it.
    Because one fighter is much better than the other two. I already explained it. If it makes you feel better Golovkin said in an interview that talks with Ward never got into serious negotiations. They were just talking back and forth. If there are titles involved I don't believe in catchweight fights. If two guys want to fight at a catchweight to make some money fine.
    Last edited by TonyGe; 06-06-2018, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
      We agree. YDKSAB...
      I don't know **** about being a loser inconsistent hater you mean.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
        ok.....

did any of those fighters mention that no one wants to fight them and to get in the ring theyll fight anyone from 154-168 lbs?
        well would a ward fight at 164 not have been between 154-168? fights are negotiated on a one off basis...not by blanket statement.

Comment

well would a ward fight at 164 not have been between 154-168? fights are negotiated on a one off basis...not by blanket statement.
          hahahaha wow look at you defending the catchweight.

so why didnt he need cws for froch and chavez?

thats hypocritical

Comment

hahahaha wow look at you defending the catchweight.

so why didnt he need cws for froch and chavez?

thats hypocritical
            I don't need to defend it...it's simply the fair way to do a fight like that. Why should one guy have 100% of the advantage?

Why does anyone not ask for a cw for one fighter but asks for it with another? Why did Floyd fight cotto at 154, but try to make Canelo come to 147 then finally agree on a cw?

Comment

I don't need to defend it...it's simply the fair way to do a fight like that. Why should one guy have 100% of the advantage?

Why does anyone not ask for a cw for one fighter but asks for it with another? Why did Floyd fight cotto at 154, but try to make Canelo come to 147 then finally agree on a cw?

omg this guy

that did not happen and canelo used to fight at 147 anyway canelo OFFERED TO FIGHT AT 152

Comment

omg this guy

that did not happen and canelo used to fight at 147 anyway canelo OFFERED TO FIGHT AT 152
                https://www.sbnation.com/2013/9/12/4...13-catchweight

but yea...I know, canelo begged Floyd to fight him at 152lbs.

Comment

https://www.sbnation.com/2013/9/12/4...13-catchweight

but yea...I know, canelo begged Floyd to fight him at 152lbs.

Saul Alvarez: I'll Drop To 150 For Floyd Mayweather Jr.

WBC junior middleweight champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (39-0-1, 29KOs) is willing to drop a few pounds to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. (42-0, 26KOs). Mayweather is the World Boxing Council's champion at 147-pounds. Alvarez has no problem facing Mayweather at a catch-weight of 150-pounds.

Last Saturday in Mexico City, Alvarez retained his title with a fifth round technical knockout of former champion Kermit Cintron.

After his win, Alvarez challenged Mayweather on national television. Mayweather is scheduled to fight on May 5th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Alvarez approached Oscar De La Hoya, President of Golden Boy Promotions, and requested a fight with Mayweather.

"It's what I want, the Mayweather fight. That's what we put on the table. I feel more mature and for that I am willing to go down to 150 pounds," said Canelo to Sal Rodriguez. "De la Hoya said he was going to pursue the Mayweather fight [for me]. We are ready for it. It's what people want, for me to fight someone like [Mayweather]."

https://www.boxingscene.com/saul-alv...ther-jr--46563

and thats 2 lbs lower than 152 that they agreed upon

Comment

WBC junior middleweight champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (39-0-1, 29KOs) is willing to drop a few pounds to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. (42-0, 26KOs). Mayweather is the World Boxing Council's champion at 147-pounds. Alvarez has no problem facing Mayweather at a catch-weight of 150-pounds.

Last Saturday in Mexico City, Alvarez retained his title with a fifth round technical knockout of former champion Kermit Cintron.

After his win, Alvarez challenged Mayweather on national television. Mayweather is scheduled to fight on May 5th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Alvarez approached Oscar De La Hoya, President of Golden Boy Promotions, and requested a fight with Mayweather.

"It's what I want, the Mayweather fight. That's what we put on the table. I feel more mature and for that I am willing to go down to 150 pounds," said Canelo to Sal Rodriguez. "De la Hoya said he was going to pursue the Mayweather fight [for me]. We are ready for it. It's what people want, for me to fight someone like [Mayweather]."

catchweight doe...was willing to fight other fighters at the limit doe.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post

he also said that 2 years before they actually fought. so fights are negotiated on the basis of something a guy said 2 years before?

either way...good on canelo for making a concession to get the fight done and good on mayweather for fighting above his weight.

Comment

Working...
                      X