Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Golovkin get credit for beating Badou Jack?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
    post would get deleted long before it could get bumped i suspect...
    Because a coward's mind certainly would think something like that. Screenshot me if you're so hellbent. You post factually incorrect and just straight ignorant stuff daily so integrity shouldn't matter to you. It does to me though and I don't backtrack. I have no need to pretend I didn't say something (though my wife might take exception to that).

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
    I think GGG has everything to gain in a fight like this. I hope he does take it. If the Jacobs fight falls through which is a good possibility, maybe they could get it made, since the Jack-DeGale fight doesn't seem to be going anywhere or have I missed something? Any date on that fight yet?
    ^Yes. GGG is missing the opportunity of a lifetime not taking over 168. None of his fans have any confidence in the dude. I actually give GG better odds at beating Jack and Degale now, than I do with him fighting Canelo in a couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Because a coward's mind certainly would think something like that. Screenshot me if you're so hellbent. You post factually incorrect and just straight ignorant stuff daily so integrity shouldn't matter to you. It does to me though and I don't backtrack. I have no need to pretend I didn't say something (though my wife might take exception to that).

^Yes. GGG is missing the opportunity of a lifetime not taking over 168. None of his fans have any confidence in the dude. I actually give GG better odds at beating Jack and Degale now, than I do with him fighting Canelo in a couple years.
      nah, too much effort to start screenshotting stuff but i will remember it mate. just dont want to see any 'is badou jack overrated?' threads with reddfoxx's name popping up if that fight happens

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post

I can't really understand that. How are you a big fan of a fighter and have no confidence in him? I think GGG would do great at 168. He beats any 160 pounder, too. I'm a fan but I have a lot of confidence in him. And as you've said many times, I'm ready to see him in 50/50 fights.

It's a crazy mindset with fans these days. Everyone thinks a loss kills your career. Losses have made a lot of greats into what they became. Just like in November. I think Kovalev and Lomachenko win their fights. However, if they lose, I'm still going to be a fan. They're fun to watch regardless. Tired of the fair weather crap.

Comment

jack would be the best name on his resume, that should tell you everything you need to know.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
            I can't really understand that. How are you a big fan of a fighter and have no confidence in him? I think GGG would do great at 168. He beats any 160 pounder, too. I'm a fan but I have a lot of confidence in him. And as you've said many times, I'm ready to see him in 50/50 fights.

It's a crazy mindset with fans these days. Everyone thinks a loss kills your career. Losses have made a lot of greats into what they became. Just like in November. I think Kovalev and Lomachenko win their fights. However, if they lose, I'm still going to be a fan. They're fun to watch regardless. Tired of the fair weather crap.
            yeah, i get that accusation all the time 'your scared to see GGG take a risk' no im not. i'd still be a huge fan of his win or lose cause i like his style and attitude. Same as loma and kovalev. Saying that, i believe GGG would beat anyone at 160 and 168.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
              I mean he get very little credit for beating David Lemieux because of his losses five years prior but Badou was kayoed in the very first round by a journeymen and barely scrapped by Alexander Brand. He drew with Periban who isn't really that good.

So based on all this I assume he doesn't get credit because by NSB standards Jack is a bum.

Discuss
              A great point! I agree with you 100%! The thing is Jack became a very nice boxer, he would be a very good win in my book, but so was Lemieux and he was getting treated as a bum on here because of the losses you mentioned, which happened when he was a young kid.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                Of course he would, and the only people who would say otherwise are Golovkin fans making excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                  yeah, i get that accusation all the time 'your scared to see GGG take a risk' no im not. i'd still be a huge fan of his win or lose cause i like his style and attitude. Same as loma and kovalev. Saying that, i believe GGG would beat anyone at 160 and 168.
                  you have more faith in him than he and his team have in himself when 154 and 168 is brought up.

Comment

Anyone who thinks David Lemieux is on par or better than Badou Jack is a ****ing idiot. Dirrell, Bute and Groves in his last three fights and you wanna compare Lemieux? For the sake of boxing, find another sport.

Comment

lol at David Lemiuex...who is his best win?

Comment

Working...
                      X