Collapse
No announcement yet.

The guy that caused the bruises in Cottos face is Cruiserweight Dennis Lebedev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lebedev's a huge puncher even for cruiserweight. No way he was sparring Cotto. Cotto would end up looking like he'd just gone twenty rounds with Margarito after one light sparring session.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
      if this is true..... then he's gonna fight ggg after canelo
      Uh, why? Canelo is heavier than GGG.

And Lebedev's style isn't like GGG's at all.

Nothing in common there.

Comment

Why would Cotto spar a southpaw cruiser weight in prep for Canelo?

Comment

So you want to face a CW but not a MW?

Comment

Haters hating....

I bet the intent was not just to plain spar it was to simulate pressure from a larger man, breaking clinch (which Canelo may attempt to clinch when Cotto gets in) or getting out the corner if Canelo were to trap Cotto on the ropes/corner.

It could be many things, we were not there to see and we can only speculate.

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR MARTINEZ! View Post
              Cotto face marks up too easy with regular size dudes now you telling me a heavyweight ONLY did that damage to cotto fragile face? C'mon son it would have been alot worse then just those bloodmarks.
              Since when does any of that matter any how are people viewing bruises as a knock against Cotto? If you don't get bruised in sparring it's because you either wore full-face headgear, or you spared like a p***y. Plain and simple. Do people actually believe that not getting touched in sparring is a good thing? If you're sparring with anyeffort, you're getting hit no matter who you are. The headgear will determine the amount of bruising. Sounds like Cotto is getting gritty, which is a great thing for a guy his age to do. Shows he still has the fire.

Comment

I thought he was sparring Andy Ruiz?

Comment

Getting ready for Gennady I see. Gennady hits like a HW so who knows, this could be a good sign.

Comment

LOL @ Cotto sparring Cruiserweights.

Comment

Originally posted by BOXEO _ View Post
                      LOL @ Cotto sparring Cruiserweights.
                      A southpaw at that.

Comment

Working...
                      X