Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If "My body ain't ready for 160" doesn't make weight on November 21...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by From Russia View Post
    I read a lot about human body. Its very easy to lose water, its harder to burn fat and to burn muscles (proteins) is very hard and takes a lot time (actually proteins starts to burn only when you have zero fat and you are starving for a long period of time). If he really put some muscle mass, he wont be able to make 155lbs, but I hope he would be healthy, because I dont want another Ward - Dawson fight.
    agree, if he is lifting weights he must hire a real S&C coach ASAP...
    the reynosos are old school and i think canelo could even improve his stamina with the proper trainer...

Comment

I already answered this question, but I can repeat:

Canelo is having his 5th fight at 155lbs. I dont think there is much to say about that... Ward is clearly heavier than GGG, while Canelo is (LOL) heavier than Golovkin and he still wants to drain him, because he knows GGG is older and and it can ruin him. Seriously, who wants to see two natural MW champions draining themself to fight for unification 5 lbs under the limit? its ****ing ridiculous...

GGG requesting catch weight is not a good look and it showed that GGG didnt wanted to fight Ward, but Canelo's catch weight situation is far more insane and ridiculous...
      canelo's cowardice has nothing to do with my question

are you for or are you against catchweight fights involving ggg.

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post

I am against any cw. In this era of boxing the difference between weight classes is mostly only 5-7lbs so if you cant make the weight then move your ass up, you wont be fighting guys, who are 30-40 lbs heavier than you..

Comment

Canelo Power DDDDDDDDDDDDD

Comment

It would be pretty hilarious if he couldn't make weight.

I think he's grown into a middleweight the last couple of years. He could still make 155, but it'd be better for his body now to focus on his boxing training rather than making weight. His stamina would increase, which is his biggest problem, and he could fight closer to 3 minutes a round instead of the 1.5 he currently fights.

He still needs to learn to mix up his punches more I think. Lots more fast punches, only throwing one or two with power. He just loads up on nearly every shot, so it's no wonder he tires quickly. Having to make weight plus loading up like he does.

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post

Seriously man? He's got a fight with Cotto coming up next. He's just come off fights with Floyd, Lara, Trout, Kirkland, Angulo...I really doubt GGG has any place in his mind right now.

Lose the idiocy and just wait to see what happens. Give it a bit more time and let his priority take place first before jumping headfirst into the douchebag lake. He's taken every tough fight out there that most others avoided. The last thing you could fault Canelo for is cowardice.

Some boxing fans man....

Comment

Will he move up to MW or become a three division champion at 156lbs? Btw, I see Canelo becoming a 6 weight divisions champion(154,155,156,157,158,159) and when he won't be able to make 159, Canelo moves up to 159.1.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
                  yawn ggg asked for a catch weight against ward it kinda killed his whole anti catch weight image canelo can do whatever he wants hes the a side against ggg and it aint even close
                  You're the most redundant poster on this forum. Ward is fighting at LHW now, he hasn't officially fought at SMW since Nov '13 and that is still an entire weight class (8 lbs) above MW but you stll continue to spread your anti-white propaganda.

Comment

Originally posted by PulpFriction View Post
                    You're the most redundant poster on this forum. Ward is fighting at LHW now, he hasn't officially fought at SMW since Nov '13 and that is still an entire weight class (8 lbs) above MW but you stll continue to spread your anti-white propaganda.
                    yes ward fought at 172 in his return and now because ggg has no balls he is going to 175 full time to fight kovalev instead of going to back to 168 but hey whatever makes u feel better

Comment

He will make weight easily and KO Cotto. Canelo has always defended his title at 154. I think he will either fight GGG at 160 or step down from his WBC middleweight title which would make GGG the new WBC champ. He was never after Cotto's middleweight title. He was after a fight with Cotto and has tried for years to fight Cotto.

Comment

Working...
                      X