Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"I'd Only Fight Golovkin When He's Past His Prime And Shot!" - Billy Joe Saunders

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rofl, the dude takes flak for speaking out loud what Jr. has been doing most of his career.

I think that's what most people are pissed about. Pretending Jr. didn't do that or that stuff didn't exist. Well, most fighters think about it more than you imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
      Froch was being sarcastic, it's difficult to tell sometimes I guess. lol

He did say afterwards that he was joking and that he was basically mocking boxing fans who were saying GGG could beat him. He's since said a number of times that he'd beat GGG easy because he's too big and too strong for him. I saw this interview a few days ago where he said it again:

@ 4:45

Froch can say whatever he wants now that he no longer has to back it up in the ring. I'm sure that before he fades away, he will have claimed that he could have beaten Ward, Stevenson, Beterbiev and Kovalev all in the same week and then jump into the crowd if Calzaghe was there to beat him in his seat.

But... Facts are facts and Froch retired instead of facing GGG in the ring. That says it all and no words that come out of his mouth can ever change that.

Comment

People will support anything so long as it continues the myth that Golovkin is the most feared man in the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
          People will support anything so long as it continues the myth that Golovkin is the most feared man in the sport.
          And you hate Golovkin because.... (state your reasons here)

And you love Quillin because.... you're a member of the Haymon/Floyd/SHO/PBC/Schaefer/Anti Oscar/TR/HBO/Arum/Anti Pac fanboy club? Man you guys need a life.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
            Froch can say whatever he wants now that he no longer has to back it up in the ring. I'm sure that before he fades away, he will have claimed that he could have beaten Ward, Stevenson, Beterbiev and Kovalev all in the same week and then jump into the crowd if Calzaghe was there to beat him in his seat.

But... Facts are facts and Froch retired instead of facing GGG in the ring. That says it all and no words that come out of his mouth can ever change that.
            Well if Froch retired because of a specific fighter, it definitely wasn't GGG. It was James Degale. GGG is a middleweight and untested at 168. Froch does have a natural size and possibly strength advantage. So I'd bet Froch was much more concerned about Degale than GGG.

Comment

As a Golovkin fan, who hasn't been able to sleep because of the Andre Ward situation, this makes me feel a tad bit better.

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
                And you hate Golovkin because.... (state your reasons here)

And you love Quillin because.... you're a member of the Haymon/Floyd/SHO/PBC/Schaefer/Anti Oscar/TR/HBO/Arum/Anti Pac fanboy club? Man you guys need a life.
                I don't like Quillin and, as far as Golovkin is concerned, he's in a worse position because I don't give a fuck about him.

I don't actually hate Golovkin. I enjoy his fights and if he wants to stay at 160lb that is his business. As far as I am concerned, fighters have the right to stay in their division and more fighters should clear out their division.

What I don't appreciate are individuals like you. You make posts that are prejudice in nature (what reason was there for you to assume I loved Quillin?). You also show a double standard where your fighter (Golovkin) is concerned which prevents you from admitting that their are challenges out there for him, that he isn't the most feared fighter on the planet, and that he wants no part of Andre Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                  Froch was being sarcastic, it's difficult to tell sometimes I guess. lol

He did say afterwards that he was joking and that he was basically mocking boxing fans who were saying GGG could beat him. He's since said a number of times that he'd beat GGG easy because he's too big and too strong for him. I saw this interview a few days ago where he said it again:

@ 4:45
                  Eh, Froch seems like a cool guy and all and I have no problem with him retiring instead of fighting GGG or DeGale, but I don't buy that he wasn't considering a fight with GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                    ...that he isn't the most feared fighter on the planet, and that he wants no part of Andre Ward.
                    There you go. You said it's okay for fighters to stay in their division yet you want him to fight Ward. And you're not requiring Ward to move up and fight big boys in that division. Why? Because you're a member of the Haymon/Floyd/SHO/PBC/Schaefer/Anti Oscar/TR/HBO/Arum/Anti Pac fanboy club? Man you guys need a life.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob View Post
                      Eh, Froch seems like a cool guy and all and I have no problem with him retiring instead of fighting GGG or DeGale, but I don't buy that he wasn't considering a fight with GGG.
                      You could say it works both ways. I mean GGG is only human and he doesn't seem to feel confident of fighting at 168, he wants Ward to come down to 164. That might be because GGG has sparred some big 168 lbrs and he noticed that he's not as effective at 168 as he is at 160 - he might be slower, more sluggish, his punches might not quiet have the same effect on heavier guys. He might feel the impact and effects of 168 punches more than he feels 160 punches too.

So I'm not sure if GGG would be actually willing to fight Froch at 168? It's possible he asks Froch to come down in weight too and Froch is too old to even try to do that.

Comment

Working...
                      X