No announcement yet.

Puerto Rican boxing future

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YOKOMOHOYO View Post
    P.R boxing ain't dead. Not even close , it's at it's lowest point in a ling time and we still have some good up and coming talent. So I don't know what ur talking about.

Mexico has been on point , no surprise and can't deny it. But P.R boxing will never die. That's a dumb statement.
    Maybe you should stop being so picky, being puerto rican dont stop just because you not on the island. The island blew up culture wise caus of all the ricans that are here, that being said danny garcia is doing his thing, oh he is rican too.

Comment

Originally posted by MatchMaker215 View Post
      Don't forget the plaster lol
      Mexicans should thank Cheato Trinidad & Luis Resto for thatboxing:

Rest.In.Knees Puerto Rico. You won't be missed.

Thank you, Master Garcia for taking them out. Shaooooooooo!

Comment

lol @ all the dumb ass californians in here

Comment

Originally posted by citolindo View Post
          Maybe you should stop being so picky, being puerto rican dont stop just because you not on the island. The island blew up culture wise caus of all the ricans that are here, that being said danny garcia is doing his thing, oh he is rican too.
          I kind if understand what you mean. But I don't understand why you said it.

I support Danny , but it's just not the same thing. When it's all said and done , Danny is from Philly. Not from P.R.

Comment

boxeo de puerto rico toco el fondo, abner cotto lo salvara, amirite!

Comment

Originally posted by papichulosweg View Post
              start using steroids like all the mexican
              Originally posted by Mi Vida Loca View Post
              Mexicans should thank Cheato Trinidad & Luis Resto for thatboxing:

Rest.In.Knees Puerto Rico. You won't be missed.

Thank you, Master Garcia for taking them out. Shaooooooooo!
              Lol still mad Papa Trinidad demolished so many of your warriors? Lmaooooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by YOKOMOHOYO View Post
                I kind if understand what you mean. But I don't understand why you said it.

I support Danny , but it's just not the same thing. When it's all said and done , Danny is from Philly. Not from P.R.
                So you can speak spanish, eat the food, dad and mom be rican but since you wasnt born in puerto rico you dont count, I dont get it... He not rican enough I guess. Why do we all rep puerto rico here if we dont count. Im not going in on you. I just see it alot on here... Doesnt make sense to me..
                Last edited by citolindo; 11-13-2013, 09:31 PM. Reason: added

Comment

So you can speak spanish, eat the food, dad and mom be rican but since you wasnt born in puerto rico you dont count, I dont get it... He not rican enough I guess. Why do we all rep puerto rico here if we dont count.
                  I get what he's saying man, it's usually the island Ricans that become the Rican stars, Danny 's more of a modern hip hop kinda star.

Comment

Way too many disteactors in the island. Really, there are few and far the ones who are really dedicated to the sport. La jodeera, el pariseo, all the ganster wana be and much more are killing the sport of boxing.

As a matter of fact today, El Nuevo dia pulished a three part article outlining the or at least some of the reasons on why PR boxing in the way its right now. Great read!

It talks about boxer and trainer diversity, were the are not seeking better opposition in the amateurs other than just Dominican, no European or USA, very limited experience with the traineers who are not seeking to expand thier knowhow by spending time in mexico, cuba, usa, etc.

It talks about management teams/promotional companies not looking out for the boxers only want to make money. Not developing the guys right, etc.

Great article, I recomend it.

As far as the future hold, Im counting on Verdejo! Kidd has potential but Im NOT convinced by his unknown trineer with ZERO profesional exerience.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

So you can speak spanish, eat the food, dad and mom be rican but since you wasnt born in puerto rico you dont count, I dont get it... He not rican enough I guess. Why do we all rep puerto rico here if we dont count. Im not going in on you. I just see it alot on here... Doesnt make sense to me..
                      You have a point , your right.

But at the same time it just doesn't feel the same.

Comment

Working...
                      X