Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bigger fight - Haye v Harrison or Haye v Fury?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    There definitely was more promotion, that fight needed it.

I'm abit disappointed with the promotion aswell but the Sky build up will start soon. The "Beyond the ropes" or whatever it's called.

To be honest this fight has literally sold itself.

As I said all my "casual" mates haven't shut up about it.

You're right about the Harrison fight, it was so well publicised because it needed it massively!

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      As much as I like the British build up of a big heavyweight fight, there's a bit too much of sensationalism to come with it.

When Haye fought Harrison, they said it was the biggest heavyweight fight in the UK since Bruno-Lewis. They said the same with Chisora, and now it's being said again with Tyson Fury.

I even seem to recall someone saying it about Haye-Maccarinelli too!

So which fight was biggest? And I'm talking before it took place of course.
      There's a couple of ways to look at it.

Harrison was a household name from the Olympics. Chisora had just fought Vitali and then brawled with Haye, and Tyson Fury has the highest rankings.

Discuss.
      haye vs fury is the biggest out of the bunch imo. fury already beat chisora and hes worlds above audley. haye should starch fury rather early but fury is a more live dog than the other 2 guys haye faced

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        I agree with most points, but the Audley fight especially, looks bad in hindsight. People were up for that fight. There was news about the two guys almost every single day, and to be honest, the promotion has been kind of stale so far for Haye-Fury. Maybe it's going to heat up, but at this point of the Audley fight, people could hardly wait.

I don't know Dan. Of course, everyone with a sense of boxing knowledge knew Haye was the better of the two. But people really wanted to see it.

Let me ask another question, do you think the Haye-Fury fight will do better numbers than Haye-Harrison?
        at least here in america the haye harrison fight was thought to be a farce. nobody here gave harrison much of any chance. maybe it was a different story on the other side of the pond though

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          There definitely was more promotion, that fight needed it.

I'm abit disappointed with the promotion aswell but the Sky build up will start soon. The "Beyond the ropes" or whatever it's called.
          Probably, but it had such a good story to it. Didn't know they were doing that for this fight, but that's awesome. Also, "the gloves are off - the heavyweights" is airing tonight at 10 on Sky.

Featuring Lennox Lewis and Tyson Fury (don't know about who else is joining, probably Bruno). But it was made right after Fury said he'd squash Lennox-

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
          haye vs fury is the biggest out of the bunch imo. fury already beat chisora and hes worlds above audley. haye should starch fury rather early but fury is a more live dog than the other 2 guys haye faced
          Originally posted by beez721 View Post
          at least here in america the haye harrison fight was thought to be a farce. nobody here gave harrison much of any chance. maybe it was a different story on the other side of the pond though
          Absolutely. I don't think there's any doubt as to which is the most credible fight tbh. I've said it before, but Fury will probably be Haye's best win, if he manages to beat him. I just can't get over how hyped up the Harrison fight was. I was living in America when it happened, and my mates were asking me about how it went, after i'd been telling them about it. I was almost embarrassed to say Harrison didn't throw a punch.

Comment

Working...
          X