Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Can't Khan Fight Bums Everytime Like Calzaghe Did?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Can't Khan Fight Bums Everytime Like Calzaghe Did?

I feel bad for Amir Khan getting kicked off Sky Sports for doing the same thing every British fighter built his career on.... taking on overmatched bums.

Calzaghe and Hatton built their names on the back of defeating the McCloskeys and Salitas of their era.

In fact those guys kept up the bum fighting until well into their 30's without the backlash.

Why do the UK powers turn on a young guy like Amir for doing the same thing every other English fighter has done?

Because Amir is held to higher standards.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
      I feel bad for Amir Khan getting kicked off Sky Sports for doing the same thing every British fighter built his career on.... taking on overmatched bums.

Calzaghe and Hatton built their names on the back of defeating the McCloskeys and Salitas of their era.

In fact those guys kept up the bum fighting until well into their 30's without the backlash.

Why do the UK powers turn on a young guy like Amir for doing the same thing every other English fighter has done?
      cause khan left for america early and more is expected from him?

or

it's cause he's muslim?

Comment

Calzaghe never fought on Sky ppv as far as I can remember.

Dont remember Hatton fighting on PPV till later in his career.

Khan vs McCloskey is a much better fight than some of the ones that are usually on Sky PPV (David Haye). I think the undercard was the problem.

Comment

??? Who has Khan fought? Has he fought any meaningful fighters yet? Not

Comment

SKY have screwed him tbh.

Comment

its cuz he jumped ship on the UK and moved to the US at the right time..sad the same cant be said with Calslappy and Fatton.

Comment

Fuk him.. i like him but him, haye and Hatton are the golden boys

While Froch is disrespected and hasn't been on sky in years despite facing one of the hardest last 5-6 fights of a fighter in any countries recent history (let alone Brit!!)

Comment

I don't think it was a fight ever worthy of being on PPV, to be honest. And without a strong undercard to help carry it, SKY were probably mindful of the potential backlash a blowout for Khan (ala Salita) could have caused.

Comment

Originally posted by TouchyAndalou View Post
                    I don't think it was a fight ever worthy of being on PPV, to be honest. And without a strong undercard to help carry it, SKY were probably mindful of the potential backlash a blowout for Khan (ala Salita) could have caused.
                    I wish people didn't preface or include in their remarks ".....to be honest....." It smacks of insincerity to be honest.......... but I think that it actually is a purely British habit of speech.

To me, it always seems as if the guy is saying that I'm not normally truthful, but THIS time I'll be different.......

Comment

Working...
                    X