No announcement yet.

Prime Holyfeild vs. Current Wlad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
    Wlad wins this fight easy. Holyfield won't be able to get past Wlads jab often and if he does all Wlad has to do in clinch and then repeat.

Wlad by KO.

And don't forget that Holyfield is a roid user.
    Wlad wins easy?

Nobody beats a prime Holyfield easily,you really should watch a bit more of the guy,seriously you might learn something

Comment

Originally posted by Holtol View Post
      I disagree a well past it Holyfield damaged from many wars, In my mind beat Lewis in their second fight. I think Wladimir and Lewis are close in style and size. Exsept I think Lewis is just a little bit better. Holyfield in prime he beats Lewis and Wladimir.

Now that is interesting. I don't think I have ever heard anybody say they thought Holyfield beat Lewis that is your opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
        Now that is interesting. I don't think I have ever heard anybody say they thought Holyfield beat Lewis that is your opinion.
        Look at the most recent thread about Holyfield vs Lewis. Many posters think that Holyfield won the second fight. And don't forget Holyfield was past his prime at that point. Holyfield at his best had more than enough to handle the likes of Lewis. Wladimir stands little to no chance.
        Last edited by Holtol; 03-28-2011, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Many people thought Holyfield deserved the decision in the second fight (not me though).

As for this thread, I actually think (prime) Holyfield is a bad matchup for Wladimir. Conversely, I think Vitali would be a bad matchup for Evander.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
            Many people thought Holyfield deserved the decision in the second fight (not me though).

As for this thread, I actually think (prime) Holyfield is a bad matchup for Wladimir. Conversely, I think Vitali would be a bad matchup for Evander.
            That is interesting. Vitali is the chin/fighter and Wlad is the power/boxer I think engaging with Holyfield is a disaster for almost anybody.

Comment

the key to beating wlad:

getting past the jab and hitting him on the chin

holyfield had the head movement and pace to get past the kind of work wlad would put foreward consistently.

holyfield could take the shots that wlad offered, but he certainly wouldnt just walk right through them.
              and if he became hurt he could always take time to recover, as wlad's not a monsterous finisher

i think evander gets going quicker than any contemporary wlad opponent and probably begins to drop him in the second half of the fight

once the begginning of the end started it would be lights out wladimir.

Comment

Holyfield hit hard but not hard enough to stop Wlad IMO. He would win an clear decision though.

Comment

That is interesting. Vitali is the chin/fighter and Wlad is the power/boxer I think engaging with Holyfield is a disaster for almost anybody.
                  My reasoning is that Holy would force Wlad to trade with him, which Klitschko is absolutely uncomfortable with. If Wlad is able to keep him off with his jab it would be a whole different story.

Vitali is more awkward than his brother. He always dictates the pace and distance of his fights. His chin would allow him to hold up when Holyfield is able to tag him. Eventually Vitali's size and strength would wear him down enough to make him just want to go the distance.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                    My reasoning is that Holy would force Wlad to trade with him, which Klitschko is absolutely uncomfortable with. If Wlad is able to keep him off with his jab it would be a whole different story.

Vitali is more awkward than his brother. He always dictates the pace and distance of his fights. His chin would allow him to hold up when Holyfield is able to tag him. Eventually Vitali's size and strength would wear him down enough to make him just want to go the distance.
                    I dont know. Vitali was never really someone to lean all over the opponent and wear them down. and most his defense simply consists of leaning backwards and hoping for the best.

While Wladimir is the more fragile of the two, he also hits harder and has a better jab, and leans all over his opponent when they try to fight at close range. I think that would give Holyfield a lot more trouble than Vitali. The fact that Vitali rarely clinches would actually be better for Holyfield, who was a pretty damn good combination puncher when opponents let him get off.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      Holyfield hit hard but not hard enough to stop Wlad IMO. He would win an clear decision though.
                      You don't have to be a murderous puncher to stop Wlad (see Ross Purrity).

Poet

Comment

Working...
                      X