Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
    Sup, Nat.
    Thanks cuz.

I picked up the remastered edition from Best Buy on their Thanksgiving sale, which was $20. Not bad! Took awhile for the shipping but I got it finally on Saturday and just started two days ago.

I know this game is massive and intend to do most of the side missions I stumble across, so I'm sure I'm going to put in well over a 100 hours.

Obviously right off the bat I'm familiar with the typical Bethesda type gameplay, which is good. I'm really digging magic in general and the ability to have dual weapons or mix and match like a shield in one hand or magic in one hand with an axe or sword or whatever.

Also experienced a comical bug, no surprise haha. My very first companion, Sven I think his name is, so I'm trying to join this Companion group of mercenaries or whatever and the head honcho wants to test me out, fight me in a training type deal. So I'm punching him and of course m companion takes this on as a real threat, so he's hitting the guy too. After that training ends my dude won't stop attacking the guy lol even after I tell him to wait or whatever. He won't stop! That's when I had to call it a night. So I'm thinking i may just have to kill him, he doesn't seem interesting anyways so I doubt it's z big loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
      Thanks cuz.

I picked up the remastered edition from Best Buy on their Thanksgiving sale, which was $20. Not bad! Took awhile for the shipping but I got it finally on Saturday and just started two days ago.

I know this game is massive and intend to do most of the side missions I stumble across, so I'm sure I'm going to put in well over a 100 hours.

Obviously right off the bat I'm familiar with the typical Bethesda type gameplay, which is good. I'm really digging magic in general and the ability to have dual weapons or mix and match like a shield in one hand or magic in one hand with an axe or sword or whatever.

Also experienced a comical bug, no surprise haha. My very first companion, Sven I think his name is, so I'm trying to join this Companion group of mercenaries or whatever and the head honcho wants to test me out, fight me in a training type deal. So I'm punching him and of course m companion takes this on as a real threat, so he's hitting the guy too. After that training ends my dude won't stop attacking the guy lol even after I tell him to wait or whatever. He won't stop! That's when I had to call it a night. So I'm thinking i may just have to kill him, he doesn't seem interesting anyways so I doubt it's z big loss.

Ahh yes, the glitches.

Funniest one I can think of off the top was a pair of mammoths and a sabre cat that basically fell out of the fucking sky while I was west of Whiterun near a fort full of bandits. There are a couple of giant camps not that far away, and usually a random beast/beasts roaming around that general area. Guess the games engine decided to drop them on my head in a troll for your ass moment.

I was trying to basically do recon with my low level assassin character, and well, I got murdered to death in an instant.

Pays to quick save in the game.
      Last edited by Sweet Pea 50; 12-08-2016, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Ahh yes, the glitches.

Funniest one I can think of off the top was a pair of mammoths and a sabre cat that basically fell out of the fucking sky while I was west of Whiterun near a fort full of bandits. There are a couple of giant camps not that far away, and usually a random beast/beasts roaming around that general area. Guess the games engine decided to drop them on my head in a troll for your ass moment.

I was trying to basically do recon with my low level assassin character, and well, I got murdered to death in an instant.

Pays to quick save in the game.
        Yeah I learned to quick save often on the older fallout games. Although this time quick saving kinda messed me up cuz my companion is in attack mode.

You got any tips as far as early level perks, missions to look out for, potions etc? I'm like level five so just getting a tase of some crafting, alchemy etc

Comment

Yeah I learned to quick save often on the older fallout games. Although this time quick saving kinda messed me up cuz my companion is in attack mode.

You got any tips as far as early level perks, missions to look out for, potions etc? I'm like level five so just getting a tase of some crafting, alchemy etc
          To be honest, it really depends on what you are trying get out of your character. Level 5, you still have flexibility to change it up, but it's better to have some sort of arch-type in your head when starting out a game, in my opinion.

If you want to build a all out monster, it's going to be tedious, as you will have to grind like a sonofa***** and have your perks mapped out beforehand.

You really don't have to do that to enjoy the game, or have a kickass character.

There are plenty of Youtube guides on how to do so, but play around, and find out which type of character suits you best, then start to put your perks in the abilities that are most beneficial.

Early missions, well, have you been to Bleak Falls Barrow yet? Bought all that I can think of right now.

Comment

To be honest, it really depends on what you are trying get out of your character. Level 5, you still have flexibility to change it up, but it's better to have some sort of arch-type in your head when starting out a game, in my opinion.

If you want to build a all out monster, it's going to be tedious, as you will have to grind like a sonofa***** and have your perks mapped out beforehand.

You really don't have to do that to enjoy the game, or have a kickass character.

There are plenty of Youtube guides on how to do so, but play around, and find out which type of character suits you best, then start to put your perks in the abilities that are most beneficial.

Early missions, well, have you been to Bleak Falls Barrow yet? Bought all that I can think of right now.
            That's for the Golden Claw right? Yeah that was the last mission i played last night before my companion turned into a ****** lol. It was cool since I got a lot of Ancient Nordic weapons and other stuff.

Comment

That's for the Golden Claw right? Yeah that was the last mission i played last night before my companion turned into a ****** lol. It was cool since I got a lot of Ancient Nordic weapons and other stuff.
              Right on.

If you are planning on a being a warrior type, the Companions is a good quest line to get your guy going. Not the deepest storyline, but you get some decent gear out of it.

Skyforge steel is pretty good in the beginning to mid-game.

Comment

On another build. Call it the Sorcerer of Imma Whoop That Monkey Ass.

I'm Level 28 right now, and I basically stalemated 7-8 Companions Guild members. Walked into the Jovaskar or whatever the building is called, and picked a fight. Killed 3-4 members in literally seconds, and the 4 non-killable NPC's, I got bored with after about 10 minutes of smacking them around like children.

This build is straight power leveling and tedious grinding, but holy shit is it powerful.

Full enchanted Daedric Armor with 45% Destruction reduction.

A enchanted ring with 25% Destruction reduction.

Big ol' Magic reserves.

I'm at 100 Conjuration. I can summon a Dremora Lord that can go heads up with Giants to do my bidding.

I'm basically a tank that can shoot fire, lighting, and ice from both hands for a long time, and can summon another tank with a giant sword of fiery doom.

Thank you, Atronach Forge.

No offense but this is the most nerdiest post on boxingscene. Lol

I have always heard good things about these games but I think I will just stick with fallout and post apocalyptic cities.... too nerdy for me

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  No offense but this is the most nerdiest post on boxingscene. Lol

I have always heard good things about these games but I think I will just stick with fallout and post apocalyptic cities.... too nerdy for me
                  None taken.

I am a nerd.

Comment

Thanks cuz.

Your sig frustrates the hell out of me lol

Why would anybody waste that much time making some small ass donuts when they could make actual donuts that I could eat?

Comment

• I've never played any of the Skyrim series and got in to Fallout quite late. Just started playing Fallout 4 in the last 6 months or so. I got given Skyrim remastered for Christmas but still haven't played it yet. I watched my mate play it at his once and it looked a bit confusing and overwhelming. Is it easy to pick up having never played a Skyrim game before or will I be completely lost?

I've read through this thread a bit and it sounds good but some of the stuff discussed feels like a foreign language.

Comment

Working...
                      X