No announcement yet.

Bernard vs Haye

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bernard vs Haye

This is a potential fight that could help inject further interest in the HW division. Who do you think would win?

I think Hopkins would make life difficult for Haye. He has a great chin and even at 45 his stamina may be superior to Haye's. Sounds ridiculous. But I think it would be interesting.
    Haye
    70.00%
    'Pops'
    30.00%

You mustnt like Hopkins, I think Haye stops him without to much trouble. Hopkins has never fought over light-heavy and is too old to try now. Haye is too quick and powerful. Take nothing away from B-Hop though, he's been one of the best fighters of the last decade but this is a step too far.

Comment

Originally posted by essexboy24 View Post
      You mustnt like Hopkins, I think Haye stops him without to much trouble. Hopkins has never fought over light-heavy and is too old to try now. Haye is too quick and powerful. Take nothing away from B-Hop though, he's been one of the best fighters of the last decade but this is a step too far.
      Hmm. Nah, Hopkins has just mentioned it a few times recently. This is a thread to see if that fight could be taken seriously (just realised this was the wrong board, if a moderator can please move it).

Anyway, Haye would definitely be the favourite. Hopkins is walking around as a Light-Heavyweight right now and there's not too much height difference between him and Haye. Haye is naturally bigger and he hits hard, but Bernard has an excellent chin and I believe he can make life difficult for virtually anybody.

Some people may think he has a chance.

Comment

I can see why people think bhop would have a chance,but i think its to much of a big ask

haye is faster,much more powerful and would have an incredible size advantage over the 45 year old

Comment

Originally posted by british_fan View Post
          haye is faster,much more powerful and would have an incredible size advantage over the 45 year old
          6'1 to 6'3 but yeah, Hopkins would have to beef up. He'd lose speed, but he usually slows opponents down and gets them to fight at his pace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shazam! View Post
            6'1 to 6'3 but yeah, Hopkins would have to beef up. He'd lose speed, but he usually slows opponents down and gets them to fight at his pace.
            ye its what hes good at

but bar roy jones haye would be the fastest guy he has faced,and i think he would feel the extra weight of the punches,despite his solid chin

Comment

Working...
            X