No announcement yet.

Goossen Wins Margarito-Williams with Bid of $1.5 Million

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goossen Wins Margarito-Williams with Bid of $1.5 Million

Margarito would make about $1.2 million if he signs for the fight. This is by far his biggest payday and is believed to be $100,000 more than he would get for the Cotto fight. Bob Arum said there was no money in a Williams fight and Goossen called his bluff. Margarito is a hypocrite if he doesn't take this fight...

'Believed to be' is the keyword there.

Your thinly-veiled contempt for Margarito is a recurring theme in NSB. It's really getting old but also kind of funny. You are like the crazy but predictable old guy that everyone laughs at.

Comment

Originally posted by SiN View Post
      Margarito would make about $1.2 million if he signs for the fight. This is by far his biggest payday and is believed to be $100,000 more than he would get for the Cotto fight. Bob Arum said there was no money in a Williams fight and Goossen called his bluff. Margarito is a hypocrite if he doesn't take this fight...
      Highly Hypacritacal guy is Tony! Dont matter to me, id rather see Cotto mash his ass up! Williams will get his shot against Cotto coz Cotto is a real fighters fighter and a good champion!

Comment

I dont see Goossen paying 1.2 million for Margarito to face Williams, regardless of what he says.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          I dont see Goossen paying 1.2 million for Margarito to face Williams, regardless of what he says.
          i think he can say it, since it wont happen.

PUMP ILL GIVE YOU 1 MILLION TO BE MY PERSONAL TRAINER.

You know that **** aint gonna happen, but im telling it to you.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            All Margarito has to do is sign the contract and Margarito gets paid. By the terms of the purse bid, Margarito has to receive 75% of the money...

Comment

Originally posted by Super_Lightweight View Post
              'Believed to be' is the keyword there.

Your thinly-veiled contempt for Margarito is a recurring theme in NSB. It's really getting old but also kind of funny. You are like the crazy but predictable old guy that everyone laughs at.
              I'm almost getting as predictable as you and your biased Roy Jones nuthugging...

Comment

All Margarito has to do is sign the contract and Margarito gets paid. By the terms of the purse bid, Margarito has to receive 75% of the money...
                you obviously no **** all pal
                margorito has already signed to fight cotto si if he commits himself to fight williams hes breaching the contract already signed and therefore is breaking the law
                goosen is using smart politcs just like arum did with mayweather
                nobody accepted it with mayweather so why choose to accept in now its margorito

Comment

I'm almost getting as predictable as you and your biased Roy Jones nuthugging...
                  i agree 100%

Comment

Yesterday Top Rank issued a press release stating Margarito has already agreed to face Miguel Cotto on June 9, however, according to WBO President Paco Valcarcel, a representative from the Margarito camp has informed the WBO that the Tijuana Tornado intends to keep his title and honor the mandatory. Under the terms of the purse-bid Margarito would receive a career high $1,205,000 to fight Williams on HBO. Margarito now has 72 hours to sign the bout agreement and the fight will take place no sooner than 45 days after he's medically cleared.

maybe this fight will happen after all.

Comment

Working...
                    X