Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has there ever been any1 as fast as bruce lee?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
    GIVE ME THE EVIDENCE BOY OR GTFO
    How do you post videos on this forum?

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
      How do you post videos on this forum?
      just copy and paste the link and i will look, u ****

Comment

Many people don't realize that Bruce Lee's father was amongst other things a film actor and Bruce Lee was a childhood actor introduced to the industry by his father before he was into martial arts. So it was natural in a way for him to have had a career choreographing film and performing fight scenes (that the Chinese loved to speed-up). None of what he ever did had anything to do with real fighting which he never did much of. I'm not sure he would have done very well against a top MMA guy of his weight class today unless he trained MMA and was good at it...but that we will never know. His films were entertaining...but mostly because his audience was/is young and impressionable guys.

He was the 1st to take the genre to the world beyond Asia and did it better than anyone of his time. But the fantasy of his fight scenes were just kung foo movies.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
          Many people don't realize that Bruce Lee's father was amongst other things a film actor and Bruce Lee was a childhood actor introduced to the industry by his father before he was into martial arts. So it was natural in a way for him to have had a career choreographing film and performing fight scenes (that the Chinese loved to speed-up). None of what he ever did had anything to do with real fighting which he never did much of. I'm not sure he would have done very well against a top MMA guy of his weight class today unless he trained MMA and was good at it...but that we will never know. His films were entertaining...but mostly because his audience was/is young and impressionable guys.

He was the 1st to take the genre to the world beyond Asia and did it better than anyone of his time. But the fantasy of his fight scenes were just kung foo movies.

Speeding it up back then would be easy to notice, even now its easy to notice when a you tuber has sped it up and we are alot more sophisticated now than then.

He did it infront of crowds and in practice you can see him get faster and faster as he got better and better on home videos and audience demonstration videos

Sound effects were added for filming purposes sometimes
          Last edited by AlexKid; 03-01-2017, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Speeding it up back then would be easy to notice, even now its easy to notice when a you tuber has sped it up and we are alot more sophisticated now than then.

He did it infront of crowds and in practice you can see him get faster and faster as he got better and better on home videos and audience demonstration videos

Sound effects were added for filming purposes sometimes
            It's very easy to notice...look at the old movies. Chinese kung foo movies were sped up even before and after Bruce Lee movies. Look at Jet Li movies...they are sped up but it's pretty professionally done. Movie fight scenes are very short sequences of a few seconds that are edited together. They will spend 10-12 hours shooting many very short sequences (some just a few seconds) and edit them all together to create a 60 second fight scene.

Bruce Lee's live demonstrations were also very short sequences...it's an impressive display of talent and yes he was fast...but fighting has little to do with any of that. You know if you slap a back-hand with an open hand it will be very fast but won't have the power effect of a closed hand punch. Bruce Lee was a fight film professional...it's an illusion-art. If you saw things being filmed you couldn't image that they would look real when they are finished...but they do.

Comment

just copy and paste the link and i will look, u ****
              This guy would eat Bruce.

Comment

yes sped up fat guy wd

Comment

yes sped up fat guy wd
                  I found that video kinda amusing. I hope you did too.

Comment

I found that video kinda amusing. I hope you did too.
                    Is Loma really love?

Comment

Originally posted by Dixie Normis View Post
                      Is Loma really love?
                      I resisted the idea at first. But yes. Yes he is.

Comment

Working...
                      X