Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: Chavez Jr. Accepted Our Bet, He Better Honor It After Loss!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
    Thats what he said lol, but now money does matter for him
    The whole thing is made much more ridiculous by the fact that there's a huge $15million on offer for him.

He wants big fights, its not about money, will fight anyone from 154-168....yet, in reality he won't budge from 160 and will walk away from the biggest fight of his life even for by far the biggest payday of his life

Comment

• Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
      Eric Gomez told Rafael it was at least 15 mil.

De La Hoya said it was an 8 figure offer.

Loeffler basically confirmed the offer when he said they countered wanting a 40% percentage.

We know the offer hasn't been accepted.

An 8 figure offer to someone that makes 2-3 mil is more than fair. Chavez Jr is fighting for 6 mil and he has a much better PPV history.
      Much better ppv history? Outside of the martinez fight which other of his fights were successful ppv's? Chavez used to be a bigger star at one point but now chavez cant hold a candle to ggg

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
        The whole thing is made much more ridiculous by the fact that there's a huge $15million on offer for him.

He wants big fights, its not about money, will fight anyone from 154-168....yet, in reality he won't budge from 160 and will walk away from the biggest fight of his life even for by far the biggest payday of his life
        Nobody said he walked away, how about we wait and see how this plays out before rushing to judgement. In my own personal opinion 10 million is lowball but 15 is a good offer, problem is nobody knows what offers there really are so thats why we need to wait to see how it plays out before blaming one side.

Comment

• Originally posted by latinlingo View Post
          Doesn't matter what offer is out, Canelo and Oscar have no intentions of fighting until September. Not my words, their words. They weren't fighting him next regardless.
          To be honest I don't think Oscar and Golden Boy would honor the deal even if Golovkin accepted their flat fee offer. Just my opinion but I think they would wiggle out of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
            Eric Gomez told Rafael it was at least 15 mil.

De La Hoya said it was an 8 figure offer.

Loeffler basically confirmed the offer when he said they countered wanting a 40% percentage.

We know the offer hasn't been accepted.

An 8 figure offer to someone that makes 2-3 mil is more than fair. Chavez Jr is fighting for 6 mil and he has a much better PPV history.
            Why would I believe Gomez,he's reneged already about this fight, Oscar has reneged aswell after the khan fight, I asked if you KNOW the offer, not here say, I also asked if the offer had been turned down, not accepted dunce, Chavez is getting 35% of the PPV aswell if I'm not mistaken dunce, if you want to put an arguement forward you should try to be honest with your info, your obviously not the sharpest tool in the shed

Comment

• The fact is that Team Canelo vacated the belt clearly to avoid Golovkin. And now conveniently he's back to the MW division to fight a drained Chavez Jr. Both undeniable facts that suit Canelo's agenda. I understand it's all business but no one with eyes or a brain can deny what's going on here. Pretty obvious.

Comment

• You're absolutely right, I don't think so either. Now they're trying to entice Floyd to come back and fight Canelo. Forget who wins between him and GGG, they don't want to send their cash cow to slaughter.
                Originally posted by Graz View Post
                To be honest I don't think Oscar and Golden Boy would honor the deal even if Golovkin accepted their flat fee offer. Just my opinion but I think they would wiggle out of it.

Comment

• Win or lose, nobody is giving away any part of their purse lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by PF Rudyo View Post
                    This is all BS, neither Canelo nor Chavez Jr are going to forfeit a cent of it... Canelo is just pulling the machismo, a verbal/handshake bet is not any more valid in USA as it is Mexico
                    I think both of these guys would honor a verbal $100 bet, a verbal multi-million dollar bet...not so much!

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post

I remember when the first excuse was Nelo was gona low ball him at 2 million, now the sum is at 15 MILLION lol wtf

Comment

Working...
                      X