Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whats the best remedy for a sprained wrist?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VERSATILE2K7 View Post
    I ****ed up my wrist on the 150lb bag today, ne thing I can do to get it better quickly?

Hey Vers I'm sorry about your injury. I remember when Roy was training for Toney he hurt his right hand in sparring and never hit the heavybag again with it while training for that fight. Instead, he concentrated on making his left hook better and tripled up with it on the bag. Use your good hand to master and make it better while injured one heals.. Hope you feel better.

Comment

Originally posted by VERSATILE2K7 View Post
      I ****ed up my wrist on the 150lb bag today, ne thing I can do to get it better quickly?

Is this your first serious injury? If it is you are about to discover the limits of your recuperative powers. An athlete with true potential heals quickly. There are any number of folk remedies for sprains, most of which are rather dubious. The best remedy is good genes.

By the way, did you forget to lock your wrists?

Comment

Originally posted by potatoes View Post
        Is this your first serious injury? If it is you are about to discover the limits of your recuperative powers. An athlete with true potential heals quickly. There are any number of folk remedies for sprains, most of which are rather dubious. The best remedy is good genes.

By the way, did you forget to lock your wrists?
        naw its pretty much better now. 1 more day for full recovery. sooo in all like 3 days. and no not my first injuries. and yes i do heal rather fast especially with cuts and such.

Comment

Originally posted by Verstyle View Post
          Hi mate did u end up fixing your wrist? if so, what was it and how did u fix it? i have the exact same problem. The more i keep my brace on, the better it gets.. but i dont want it to get stiff and weak so i try and use it from time to time - skipping, wrist stretching and strengthening with small weights.

Please let me know, im also a boxer and this problem is stopping me from going pro

Comment

Rest it, ice it up, train with hand that isn't injured.
            Its silly trying to work with a hand/wrist injury you'll only damage it further.

Rest it until it feels better, give it some more time then start off light.

If you are jarring your wrist on the heavybag then its most likely a technique issue either bending your wrist, turning it over at the wrong time or hitting the back too deep.

Comment

Working...
            X