Mikey Garcia is a problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
    Crawford only have advantages in size.

Crawford is a natural 147 pounds, Garcia limit is 140.
    Dude Crawford is a terrific fighter period. There are a lot of things he does better than Mikey, regardless of size. You are fooling yourself if you think otherwise. He's been at 140 for a couple of years now so I'm sure he is outgrowing the division, but make no mistake he would be a small welterweight, Postol absolutely dwarfed him.

I agree that Garcia-Lomachenko is the more intriguing and competitive fight because although Lomachenko might be ahead in terms of skill he is naturally a little smaller and Garcia has the equaliser, on paper it seems a much more even match up, whereas Crawford-Garica, I perceive the better fighter to also be the bigger fighter, and I think Garcia only has a punchers chance in that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Viper View Post
      can he beat loma?
      most definitely he can it's a 50/50 fight so anyone can win that fight depends who comes fight ready that night

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
        He is very talented and i would love to see him fight Loma and Crawford. Mikey is what boxing has been missing.
        X I couldn't agree more. I just hope he keeps his promoter situation right. I thk he learned from Bob to be extra cautious

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
          Dude Crawford is a terrific fighter period. There are a lot of things he does better than Mikey, regardless of size. You are fooling yourself if you think otherwise. He's been at 140 for a couple of years now so I'm sure he is outgrowing the division, but make no mistake he would be a small welterweight, Postol absolutely dwarfed him.

I agree that Garcia-Lomachenko is the more intriguing and competitive fight because although Lomachenko might be ahead in terms of skill he is naturally a little smaller and Garcia has the equaliser, on paper it seems a much more even match up, whereas Crawford-Garica, I perceive the better fighter to also be the bigger fighter, and I think Garcia only has a punchers chance in that fight.
          And there is things that Garcia does better than Crawford, like timing, bodywork, have more power and counter skills.

Nope, Crawford will be a middle size welterweight.

Crawford is bigger than Garcia too.

Loma was fighting in 135 pounds in the olympics of 2012

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
            Lomachenko...yes. A great fight and test of both guys skills and mettle.

Crawford...yes but it could be a boring fight where Crawford boxes circles around him. Its a combination of style and skills that I think totally disarms Mikey. Its one of those fights where you know Garcia has the power and technique to turn the fight on its head in a moment, but that moment probably won't come.
            I agree it would end up looking like Floyd-Jmm..but then again it couldn't we have to see the fight to actually determine what happens

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR MIKEY! View Post
              Mikey beats everyone from 130-147 with ease.
              Just stop bro. I see Crawford doing to him what Chico did to his brother. That said I'm a big mikey fan and wish him the best

Comment

It's a shame for him and ourselves that he got shelved after he stepped up in competition late 2012 early 2013.
                I've always been big on Mikey to be honest he's living proof of my second generation take on Boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                  If he fights Easter he won't unify..... because he'd lose.
                  Come one Kigali you are my dude, but you can't believe that can you? Mikey eats Easter's lunch and makes him sleep on the bottom bunk lol.
                  Last edited by SkillspayBills; 01-30-2017, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Why do y'all think Money May cosigns Mikey Garcia and Canelo Alvarez? Because they're the truth! Floyd knows his boxing!

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
                      Those guys are across the street though. He's probably going to fight Easter Jr to unify at 135 and then Barthelemy at 140 when he decides to move up. Both great fights. Barthelemy will be 140 champ by then.
                      mickey vs easter jr would be awesome. broner's friend is huge for 135 lbs a real threat to mickey imo

Comment

Working...
                      X