Comments Thread For: Golovkin vs. Jacobs Deal Done - March 18 at MSG, HBO PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ce1ska View Post
    This is a non-reply.

You post a link to a fight I've already seen, with no commentary on your part, as a supposed response.

Meaningless post is meaningless.

Comment

• Originally posted by US Dirk Killer View Post
      He gauges how much defense he uses according to his opponent.
      Lemieux and Stevens, there was extreme caution throughout the fight. Then Brooke, Monroe and Wade, he was just going punch happy and throwing whatever
      Go on and send some money for a GGG KO then.

My money is on a Jacobs KO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post

GGG's KO has very low coefficient... So pointless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post

I would if the odds weren't so ****ty.

I'll do a money bet w/you though

$200?

Comment

• Originally posted by IR0NFIST View Post
            GGG is clearly the superior boxer, but he does tend to leave himself there to get hit, and Jacobs can definitely crack. We've never quite seen Golovkin's chin tested by someone with the firepower like Jacobs, I suppose that alone is a reason to be interested in this one. Still would obviously pick GGG, and I'm pretty sure he's a heavy favorite, but this is the first fight where I legitimately believe his opponent has a sliver of hope.
            I clearly remember Curtis Stevens checking GGG's chin with some hard shots.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlakBread904 View Post
              I clearly remember Curtis Stevens checking GGG's chin with some hard shots.
              ...and I clearly remember GGG backing clear across the ring with his hands by his balls.

5'6 Stevenson ain't Jacobs lil scab.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                ...and I clearly remember GGG backing clear across the ring with his hands by his balls.

5'6 Stevenson ain't Jacobs lil scab.
                who even says "scab?" fk outta here troll

but you right, Stevens aint Jacobs...Stevens is a harder puncher.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlakBread904 View Post
                  who even says "scab?" fk outta here troll

but you right, Stevens aint Jacobs...Stevens is a harder puncher.
                  Well, both Stevens and Lemieux are harder punchers than Jacobs, but Jacobs is a lot better boxer than them.

Comment

• Scabiddy Scabuddy Scabgali Kigali punk knows nothing that fool

Comment

• Originally posted by US Dirk Killer View Post
                      I would if the odds weren't so ****ty.

I'll do a money bet w/you though

$200?
                      The whole point of a hypothetical bet on Jacobs KO would be hoping that the odds were very favorable.

I'm not actually betting, and I'm not betting even odds with a random stranger on the internet.

I do think Jacobs has a great chance to win by KO, and the odds will probably be inflated in favor of GGG.

GGG gets hit too much and he doesn't move his head.

That's going to be a recipe for defeat against the wrong opponent.

I think Jacobs has a decent shot to upset the apple cart.

I haven't watched a ton of Jacobs, but I think his combination of boxing skills and power may be enough.

I like GGG and am not hoping for him to lose per se or anything, but styles make fights, and Jacobs could present a style to pay the bills.

Comment

Working...
                      X