Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia: Crawford Fight Would Play Out Different in Pros

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just read that garcia will be fighting Zlaticanin on october 15 the same night cuellar an mares will be also fighting

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
      i just read that garcia will be fighting Zlaticanin on october 15 the same night cuellar an mares will be also fighting
      Garcia's people denied it, but hopefully its true!

Comment

why would sharing a promoter make it highly unlikely?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          I don't think Gamboa was the problem, but signing an extension was. In the U.S., we don't question the courage of other athletes (football, baseball, basketball, etc.) when they holdout for contract negotiations. We know it's a business decision. Mikey handled his business, and he's now a free agent. I respect him for that! Do you ever wonder why so many fighters have left Arum? Oscar, Floyd, Cotto, Gamboa, Rigondeaux, and Mikey Garcia! That's a list with about 4 HOFers! Why is that?
          football, baseball and basketball is a team sport.............

Comment

That's very true what Mikey said, and there's solid evidence showing that. But usually it's obvious, because the loser of the fight went on to rise and become obviously better, and the winner of the amauer fight went on to kind of decline or not adapt or show full potential as a pro. In this case there is no sign of Crawford slowing down or getting worse from his amatuer days. So it could have the same outcome or worse, since Crawford is way more active, a little bigger too. Crawford could probaby fight at 147 next and win or put a really good fight. Mikey however, I don't see him being able to contend at 147 at the moment. Very good smaller guy vs very good bigger guy and we already saw what TC did to Postol, while Mikey vs Rojas was Mikey vs a smaller, inactive, part time fighter who used to be good 2 weight classes down

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
              Good fight but I see Crawford keeping Mikey off balance and winning on the scorecards. Crawford moves well but he's not a runner. What Mikey has over him is power but I dont see Crawford getting himself into position for Mikey to unload on him.
              I agree that Crawford moves well and is not a runner. Since he had a game plan and moved around on Postol, now people says he's a runner. He didn't run against Gamboa, Delorhme, Lundy, Prescott, Jean, Beltran, or Burns. But let him use a game plan and move around in one fight, now he's a runner.

Comment

Originally posted by jjsmyth87 View Post
                Mikey is never going to fight Crawford he's just trying to keep himself relevant. Honestly i think crawford knocks mikey out.
                Don't say that to loud because people might start hating on you for those comments lol but I agree 100%!

Comment

I really like Mikey but he should stay clear of Crawford. Crawford's style is all wrong for Mikey and styles make fights.

Comment

Crawford(started at lightweight) is too big for Mikey(started at feather). If he wants to fight a Latino he can fight a Latino his own size like Danny Garcia. Garcia would hand him his ass.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMexHurricane View Post
                      Crawford(started at lightweight) is too big for Mikey(started at feather). If he wants to fight a Latino he can fight a Latino his own size like Danny Garcia. Garcia would hand him his ass.
                      Garcia is too flat-footed. Call me crazy but I believe Mikey would give Crawford more problems than Danny.

Comment

Working...
                      X