No announcement yet.

Wow...Thomas Hearns is a tool

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow...Thomas Hearns is a tool

Hearns may be a tool, but Tony Paige certainly isn't. Very kind and a true class act. Best local radio personality here in New York. He's one of the reasons why I love listening to the FAN, WFAN.

Comment

That's EXACTLY how he acted when I met him a few weeks ago.

I don't think he likes interacting with people beneath him, per se.

He did the exact same thing to me, I put my hand out to shake his hand, told I'm a huge fan and its a pleasure to meet him and he just didn't say anything and barely acknowledged me.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

He did the exact same thing to me, I put my hand out to shake his hand, told I'm a huge fan and its a pleasure to meet him and he just didn't say anything and barely acknowledged me.
        Did you give him a ride in your limousine afterwards?

Comment

If there is one thing that grinds my gears it's people ignoring me, if it happened to be a boxing hero of mine who did it, a handshake wouldn't suffice. I'd most likely snarl and call him a ****, but hey, ' I got knocked out by Hearns ' sounds better than ' I shook his hand '.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
            Did you give him a ride in your limousine afterwards?
            I could have offered him one of those taxi Limousine's they do in Vegas

Comment

I can't stand people like that. It's funny because as much as a lot of people hate Floyd Mayweather jr, he was one of the nicest boxing celebrities I've ever met. I talked to Mayweather jr on three different occasions and he took the time to talk to everybody who approached him from what I saw. It was the same when I met Angelo Dundee and Sugar Ray Leonard. Both nice without a hint of arrogance or dismissive attitude. I've also heard that Pernel Whitaker is a prick to people like Hearns apparently.

Comment

It always sucks to know one of your favourite fighters is a douche. I thought he'd be a cool guy being all soft spoken and all.

Comment

Great find TS>

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                    I can't stand people like that. It's funny because as much as a lot of people hate Floyd Mayweather jr, he was one of the nicest boxing celebrities I've ever met. I talked to Mayweather jr on three different occasions and he took the time to talk to everybody who approached him from what I saw. It was the same when I met Angelo Dundee and Sugar Ray Leonard. Both nice without a hint of arrogance or dismissive attitude. I've also heard that Pernel Whitaker is a prick to people like Hearns apparently.

I had a similar positive experience with Mayweather. And I've heard the same thing about Whitaker for years.

Comment

Working...
                    X