Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be THE NEXT PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A? Obama or Romney?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
    Agree, I'm not 100% supporter of Obama. He's pretty much a figurehead who has his corporations, and donators to look after as well.

You are absolutely right in that he's the lesser of the two evils.

I have nothing against religion either, but I don't want somebody being the president who has such strong religious beliefs (especially mormonism) that will effect his decision making in office. I know Obama is a christian, but all his policies, and decisions imply that he keeps his religious beliefs completely separate.

The one thing I like about Obama, is that he doesn't seem to value Israel's interests (or any other country for that matter) over our own. He sees the importance of keeping Israel our ally, but at the same time not completely alienating muslim countries (although if he doesn't stop the drone attacks, and pull out of Afghanistan, it's not going to get any better).

I actually believe Obama is a closeted Atheist. He strikes me as far too thoughtful and intelligent to be someone of faith. I realize he openly claims to be a Christian but in this ******edly primitive nation anyone who seeks public office must claim to be a person of faith.

As for Romney's faith, I have no problem whatsoever in stating that it's a major factor in why I'm voting for Obama. I find most religions and their faithful to be insufferable morons and will never vote for a candidate whose faith is as mind-numbingly stupid (and prominent in their lives) as moronism.

I mean mormonism.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
      I actually believe Obama is a closeted Atheist. He strikes me as far too thoughtful and intelligent to be someone of faith. I realize he openly claims to be a Christian but in this ******edly primitive nation anyone who seeks public office must claim to be a person of faith.

As for Romney's faith, I have no problem whatsoever in stating that it's a major factor in why I'm voting for Obama. I find most religions and their faithful to be insufferable morons and will never vote for a candidate whose faith is as mind-numbingly stupid (and prominent in their lives) as moronism.

I mean mormonism.

I agree man.

Without making it clear he's a christian, he wouldn't have secured a lot of the middle, and lower class white people. . . But if they think he's a christian , it will put their simple minds more at ease.

ANd yes, definitely agree about religion in politics. I don't want somebody making an important decision on "faith," I want them to make it on thought, and logic.

Comment

I will be voting Romney of course.

He is far from what we need...but at least he is more likely to slow down the growth of Govt. and the policies/regulations that get in the way of Capitalism functioning. Jobs are being created by the private sector in spite of Obama's policies getting in the way. Just imagine if some of it was undone.

But then again....I know there is another Economic disaster looming. So do we want Romney to be the recipient of that and take the blame, and thus Liberals creating false premises and blaming Greed and Capitalism...when Big Govt. should be the one taking the blame. Maybe it's better that Obama wins and when the **** hits the fan (hopefully during his second term)....the blame will be put on the right things (BIG GOVT. expansionism).

And then we can start fresh in 2016 with a Small Govt, Pro-Capitalism, Conservative/Libertarian-leaning kind of guy....who has the right economists in his ear, meaning Non-Keynesian's.

Comment

i think so too, actually. . . or an agnostic. gotten the feeling that the whole religious aspect of his image is simply for votes.

black folk in USA are very religious. . a lot of christians. also the lower class, and middle class white folk who might be hesistant to vote for a black guy, despite being lifelong democrats, would be more inclined to vote for him if they knew he was a "good ole christian."
          a great sign the world is evolving for the better is the day america elects a admitted atheist for president.

that's why im voting for obama. Notice how obama is very reluctant to go to war while Mitt Mormon cant wait to prove his war chops as president?

Comment

I agree man.

Without making it clear he's a christian, he wouldn't have secured a lot of the middle, and lower class white people. . . But if they think he's a christian , it will put their simple minds more at ease.

ANd yes, definitely agree about religion in politics. I don't want somebody making an important decision on "faith," I want them to make it on thought, and logic.
            What I never understood was this new notion that discussing (calling into question) a candidate's faith should be "off limits". It wasn't off limits when Kennedy was running, so why should it be now?

I listen to a lot of conservative talk radio (for lulz) and so many hosts and callers are buying into this notion that it's "wrong" to bring up Romney's faith. **** that! He openly admits it guides his life and decisions, and he has a chance to run the most powerful country on the planet, but it's somehow a lowblow to bring up the fact that he's a religious whacko?

I think not.

Coincidentally, the same people pushing that argument are mostly the same ones who spread the rumor that Obama was (or still is, in some cases) a muslim.

Comment

Mormonism is great, and right next to Judaism, one of the top religions for financial winners in life.

A good piece on the Mormon church:

Another example is the Mormon Church, very few of whose members are on public welfare. For the Mormons not only inculcate in their members the virtues of thrift, self-help, and independence, they also take care of their own needy through church charity programs which are grounded on the principle of helping people to help themselves, and thereby getting them off charity as quickly as possible. Thus, the Mormon Church counsels its members that "to seek and accept direct public relief all too often invites the curse of idleness and fosters the other evils of dole. It destroys one’s independence, industry, thrift, and self-respect." Hence, the Church’s highly successful private welfare program is based on the principles that the Church has encouraged its members to establish and maintain their economic independence: it has encouraged thrift and fostered the establishment of employment-creating industries; it has stood ready at all times to help needy faithful members.

And:

Our primary purpose was to set up, in so far as it might be possible, a system under which the curse of idleness would be done away with, the evils of a dole abolished, and independence, industry, thrift, and self-respect be once more established among our people. The aim of the Church is to help the people help themselves. Work is to be re-enthroned as the ruling principles of the lives of our Church membership. . . . Faithful to this principle, welfare workers will earnestly teach and urge Church members to be selfsustaining to the full extent of their powers. No true latterday Saint will, while physically able, voluntarily shift from himself the burden of his own support

I don't know about you but I like the sound of that.

Comment

Originally posted by 1_Industrialist View Post
                Mormonism is great, and right next to Judaism, one of the top religions for financial winners in life.

A good piece on the Mormon church:

Another example is the Mormon Church, very few of whose members are on public welfare. For the Mormons not only inculcate in their members the virtues of thrift, self-help, and independence, they also take care of their own needy through church charity programs which are grounded on the principle of helping people to help themselves, and thereby getting them off charity as quickly as possible. Thus, the Mormon Church counsels its members that "to seek and accept direct public relief all too often invites the curse of idleness and fosters the other evils of dole. It destroys one’s independence, industry, thrift, and self-respect." Hence, the Church’s highly successful private welfare program is based on the principles that the Church has encouraged its members to establish and maintain their economic independence: it has encouraged thrift and fostered the establishment of employment-creating industries; it has stood ready at all times to help needy faithful members.

And:

I don't know about you but I like the sound of that.
                Sounds awesome. Then you find out they also believe that strong drinks such as whiskey or coffee lead to eternal damnation, Jesus visited America, the 'garden of Eden' was located in Missouri, non-mormons are incapable of loving as strongly as mormons, Satan controls all oceans, lakes, and rivers, black people are black because they're cursed, blacks who convert to mormonism will see their skintone lighten from purity, and masturbation is considered cheating on current or future spouses.

Comment

Anyone who thinks Romney will win is highly delusional.

Comment

definitely obama....romney's campaign is a train wreck. i still smh that the gop chose romney as their candidate...ron paul would have been much much better.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                      Sounds awesome. Then you find out they also believe that strong drinks such as whiskey or coffee lead to eternal damnation, Jesus visited America, the 'garden of Eden' was located in Missouri, non-mormons are incapable of loving as strongly as mormons, Satan controls all oceans, lakes, and rivers, black people are black because they're cursed, blacks who convert to mormonism will see their skintone lighten from purity, and masturbation is considered cheating on current or future spouses.
                      Yeah but lets not sweat the small stuff.

Besides, Romney by his demeanor doesn't strike me as a Christine O'Donnel type. I mean he was a successful CEO for christ sake. Give him some credit will ya. Outsourcing jobs? Yes. Looking down on poor peasants? yeah, why not. But a Mormon who interprets everything literally, rather then allegorically? NO.

FTW Mormonism and Judaism. The two religions that pump out the most amount of financially successful people and mostly keep to themselves.

Comment

Working...
                      X